Close

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey guys,

I'm a long time Honda owner, but a first-time Civic owner. My last two cars were '96 Accords, one of which was a manual in great condition that made it to 400k miles before finally giving out, and the other was a piece of junk that died at 150k miles just 6 months after I bought it =D

I recently purchased a 2005 Civic Si, and of course, I want to make some modifications to it. Nothing too crazy, just quality of life stuff and basic aesthetic restorations. I've already swapped out the head unit and bolted in an iPad bracket. I've also tinted the windows a VERY illegal shade of dark, lol, and I'm about to add a subwoofer so that I actually get some decent sounding audio when driving to Memphis and back.

I also plan on restitching the thread on the steering wheel and replacing the floor mats and shift knob (which are wearing out) along with swapping out the rear Si badge which is chipping.

Here's some pics for reference

Additionally, the previous owner's insurance is paying to have the hail damage on the hood and roof fixed, so I'll be good to go there.

Here's where I need help. I'm trying to find replacement window molding for both doors, but I'm having trouble finding that part online. Right now, they're peeling like crazy, and it's driving me nuts, haha

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The door moldings are still available. You could go to your dealer; Majestic has it here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+SILL+GARNISH

Part #s 1 and 4.
    EDIT: Some people have actually taken off their moldings, stripped them down, and repainted. I find that terribly ridiculous.

If the leather is going on the steering wheel too or you want to just get different colors or whatever, you might want to consider sending it out, unless you love killing your fingers with a needle. I got my wheel redone at Dallas Custom; it was back to me within a week and am very happy with it.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the mods; looks like you're off to a good start.

Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the fam!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The door moldings are still available. You could go to your dealer; Majestic has it here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+SILL+GARNISH

Part #s 1 and 4.
    EDIT: Some people have actually taken off their moldings, stripped them down, and repainted. I find that terribly ridiculous.

If the leather is going on the steering wheel too or you want to just get different colors or whatever, you might want to consider sending it out, unless you love killing your fingers with a needle. I got my wheel redone at Dallas Custom; it was back to me within a week and am very happy with it.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the mods; looks like you're off to a good start.
    tommy's right. i think it's like $100 for the pair

you can always strip them and plastidip them.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information