Close

Questions reguarding turbo setups

So I have my 03 ep3. I/h/e/kpro. I realize now I should have saved all the money I spent on that and just done an a2 swap, but too late, too bad so sad.

Now my question is, while I save for the a2 swap, if I turboed my a3 and ran a conservative 7psi daily driving setup, when I do pull the trigger on the a2 swap would I be able to basically swap the turbo setup I had on the a3 to the a2, re tune, and be good to go?

Again this is all just daydreaming. Pockets are empty and probly will stay that way for a while, but it would be nice to formulate a game plan for the future of my forever car.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Having been in the same boat almost a decade ago...

Quote Originally Posted by A$AP_Foxy View Post
    Now my question is, while I save for the a2 swap, if I turboed my a3...
    Buying a turbo now will only make it harder to pay for a swap. What do you really want to do?

I spent so much time "formulating a game plan" for my own car that I started collecting bicycles instead. ;)

But to answer part of your post: If you got the A2 later, then yes, you'd be able to move all your turbo parts over to the A2.

The next question becomes, how much power do you want to put down? And do you want to do all the other changes -- suspension, tires, mounts, etc -- to properly manage all that power? AND.... what if you reach that kind of power just by turbo-ing the A3?

Lastly: If this is a plan for your "forever car" -- which I thought my own EP would be (fifteen years of ownership is pretty long anyway, right?) -- how much are you willing to risk breaking on it by pushing it harder with mods?

Hopped on here to do a spring cleaning garage sale, but will post some advice.

BarracksSi has some good points.

You seem to have done some nice mods right now. Why not try to maximize them with a nice used JRSC. These are all relatively mild mods that can be easily removed if you decide the EP is not something you want to rock forever. Make a simple plan and stick to it. A well-executed turbonetics/RevHard/Whatever-si-the-current-budget setup will work well too, just plan it out.

I tried just about every setup on my car and drove it as a daily for roughly 10 years. Its sitting in my garage right now with so much custom work and nostalgia that make it somewhat hard to sell. I view my EP ownership as an extension of my Mechanical Engineering education, since I got to play and learn on it real time, pay my way through school selling engines on the internet, but do somewhat regret going as ham as I did with the setups.

Just make a plan and stick to it. A milder plan will likely keep your wallets from hurting as much too.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Thread Information