Close

Reverse gate stayed open

Hi I had a clutch change an after my clutch change wen driving an going through gears wen selecting 6th gear there used 2b a gate stopping you selecting reverse can this be fixed

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I just had a Type R with the 6-speed installed myself. You're talking about the reverse lockout solenoid.

I did some research and you could pull the RSX one, I believe. Though you have to pull the tranny and the whole exercise is not for the faint of heart. So being faint of heart, I agreed with the shop and decided not to do it. I've driven about 500 miles with it since I picked it up on Saturday, and think I made the right decision. I agree with the people who said that you'd really have to mess things up to get it into reverse, though I do agree that it would be nice to have the lockout functioning properly.
    After re-reading your question, if it was functioning properly on your transmission, and the shop did fuck it up, they should be on the hook for making it work correctly like it did before they got their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I just had a Type R with the 6-speed installed myself. You're talking about the reverse lockout solenoid.

I did some research and you could pull the RSX one, I believe. Though you have to pull the tranny and the whole exercise is not for the faint of heart. So being faint of heart, I agreed with the shop and decided not to do it. I've driven about 500 miles with it since I picked it up on Saturday, and think I made the right decision. I agree with the people who said that you'd really have to mess things up to get it into reverse, though I do agree that it would be nice to have the lockout functioning properly.
    After re-reading your question, if it was functioning properly on your transmission, and the shop did fuck it up, they should be on the hook for making it work correctly like it did before they got their hands on it.
    This. I was really concerned about this as well when I added my tsx 6th. Your really have to slide the shifter alllllllllll the way to the right to miss 6th and go to R. I've heard some people add stiffer shifter spring to make the 6th gate more distinct from R

Not gonna lie, the only time I really wish the gate was there is when other people want to drive the ep3
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I recently had a tsx 6th added to my fiver. All the forward gears work great. But I can't shift into reverse with the shifter. It goes into reverse from under the hood tho. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Thread Information