Close

Thread: Vtec killer kal

Vtec killer kal

Getting my a3 exhaust ro,kersey tomrrow. Ordering g the a2 cams on payday. I have kpro but I need a tune for it. Anyone have a kpro vtec killer tune with sri i/h/e high octane kal they could share?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you have all the support mods for the Vtec killer mod? Just slapping on the cams isnt going to be very good for the a3 unless you add some support mods from the a2 if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yep, yep. ^^^

Im using k20z3 cams, three lobe rockers, three lobe rocker shafts, yellow outer and red inner OE valve springs/seats/retainers... the rest is either k24a1(head casting) or k20a3 (the rest of the valvetrain/head internals).

If you look at the above pic you can see the left rocker locked to the VTEC center rocker... the shiny pin is easy to see between them. Below the VTEC crossover, the right rocker rides on its own cam lobe (gas savings).

The left cam lobe is never used. The left valve is on the center VTEC lobe all the time... at the VTEC crossover the pin slides to the right and locks all three rockers together and they all ride on the VTEC lobe (bbbbwwwwaaaaAHHHHHHHH!).
    Example from a thread I read.
    Last edited by RickEP3; 06-02-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    Do you have all the support mods for the Vtec killer mod? Just slapping on the cams isnt going to be very good for the a3 unless you add some support mods from the a2 if i remember correctly.

Example from a thread I read.
    Well this would just be running a2 cams in the a3 head. High lobes all the time. Not worried about gas mileage. The main post I read all he did was swap rockers and cams and has been daily in it fine with some fine tuning of cam angles. Just looking for a .kal before I drop everything in. Tha KS for the reply though!

Unless I'm missing something you're trying to tell me. The thread in read on the original vtec killer used the stock a3 valve train and just didn't rev it up past 7300. Which is what my fuel cut is at anyway. He said he didn't daily too.

Also, if there's a better cheaper way to do it I'm all ears! Interested in the z3 cams but don't know all the details of them working in an a3 and what rockers and stuff would need changing. My original plan I think I'll stick with unless there's something better for not much more cash. Especially if it's easier to obtain. The rockers in was supposed to get don't have the lock pons in them and idk where to get those so I'm kinda sol there

i've done the vtec killer with a k24a1 crv block and a k24a2 tsx head
    i no long have my hatch but i'll check to see if i still have my kal

I have several KALs but i still need to scavenge the data off of my crashed laptop HDD. If youre still interested post up ill see what i can do.

- Dave

I'm also in the process of swapping in a k24a1 into my ep3. Waiting for kpro to come back. Does anyone know if kpro has preloaded vtec killer basemap for k24 or does anyone have a basemap that I could use till I get to the dyno

Thread Information