Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love the work. Looking forward to seeing more!

August Update

Did some work before and after Street Scene (had a great time):

Bought some door sills off ebay UK- showing the first pic to show the red, which is washed out on the installed picl

Those Type R LHD mats really suck and the holes at the bottom don't match up, btw. I went back to my good set of Si mats instead; mucho bettero.

Trial fitting of the ABS cover (from the Facebook group buy):

Not too happy with the fitment, so am going to cut back the outside so it fits better with everything. Also get a new front nut - it looks obvious how grody it is when contrasting with the white.

Finally, did the David Ortiz hood prop mod. I played with the first strut too much, and the metal retainer at the bottom didn't hold enough, so ordered another one and it will be going on when I have time. The "kit" that David sells does its business quite well; the only difficulty is getting a 13mm wrench underneath that corner to hold the nut in place while tightening the bolt at the top.

Picked up a set of used door panels from someone local. They're from an 03, so they have the black window switches, which was an unexpected bennie. Just ordered the red fabric for the faux Type R treatment and an RSX black door lock switch. Has anyone found a way to get the interior door release to be black too? It looks like there's no oem black replacement, which would leave paint or wrapping, neither of which I'm really excited about. Any experience appreciated!

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I got tuned by xenocron when I had my ep. Motor developed a small knock shortly after . Don't know if it was from the tune but glad your happy! I'm getting tuned tomorrow.

Happy with the tune so far. Was initially annoyed that the original tune that they gave me for the OEM ECU with the K20A wasn't set for the immobilizer nor the vtec switch disable that is necessary, so had to do that before I drove it out of the shop the first time when picking up the car with the swap, but the dyno tuning itself went really well. I'll probably use them again on the crx in the spring when I go OBDI on the ZC's ecu.

I see you Tommy. Question, is the red can above the tranny, an oil catch can?

Oops - sorry, Jax - haven't looked at this thread in a while. No, that's a Mishimoto coolant reservoir tank. My stock one split open after driving the car for a couple of weeks after the swap; the belt wore a hole in it - too close. So it was moved over there, and things are much better spaced out now.

I did finally get the ABS cover installed. Because of the hood prop mod, I had to cut the cover back a good amount, though I wouldn't go without the new prop, it's a great mod. Also swapped out the stock Bride seat bracket to a Wedge one recently, and gained at least 2" in headroom - much better, and I fit great now (and I'm only 5' 10"). I'll get some pics up soon of things. Also put my stock rims with the snows back on, which I hate, even if bumps are less bumpy now.

Small Turkey Day update:

Added a front urethane lip to match the rear. Bought from local guy, and was so cheap that I didn't care about not having exactly the lip I wanted. Did some fixes on the paint, and it's good to go. Used stainless screws with finishing washers on the sides and bottom, and feels pretty good.

I was going to finally finish up the wiring on the foggies and do some other minor stuff, but decided I'd rather watch football and eat leftover oyster stuffing. Mmmmm!

I finally pulled the trigger on the PasswordJDM carbon fiber cooling plate, which will be here on Saturday. Black Friday savings were 30%, so I made a little money by procrastinating so much on it. Because of the RBC manifold, I'll have to hack it up somewhat, but it will still be worth it. Besides, hacking it up is an inside dremel project, which goes well with eggnog and bowl games.

Another winter project will be shoring up Guisseppie's Feel's front grille, which I had wrapped in the same satin black as the hood and roof. Will glue it from behind and attach the plastic mesh, but once again, not in a rush. Will do in April once it's warm enough.

That should be it for this year, I think. Next the above stuff plus some upgrade on the brakes, but don't think a BBK makes too much sense. So maybe better front Type S rotors and pads and matching pads in the rear. Something cost effective.

Then will probably end it for now and concentrate on getting the CRX roadworthy; I need a GC/Koni coilover setup for it, the Tokico blues and Eibach Pros just ain't doing it anymore.

Little update time. Done a ton of work, but only took one pic. Will take more and post 'em up. The best news was that the BC coilovers are in and the drop looks great, and the car handles even better. I also did the PWJDM cooling plate above. It fits pretty well, though you have to drill for the one bolt for the battery hold down - why it wasn't factored in, I have no idea. You can also see the Mishimoto coolant reservoir (red canister) and ABS cover that I painted white - dumb idea, it shows everything. Also not shown, but in future pics, I had the headliner redone in alcantara red, finally getting to the door panels, getting some hydrodipping done, and swapped in a Raceseng shift knob and HFP trim on the center console. If I can get this all done by Labor Day, I'll be happy - putting the headliner back in will be a PITA, as the tabs and such that keep it attached have to be transferred from the old headliner - they come off pretty easily, and have to get out the JB glue and slap in a complete set of them to the new headliner.

There's also a Cobra Daytona driver's seat that I swapped in (Bride Euro II wasn't very comfortable and started to fall apart) and a couple of other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting. I'll remember them as I take more pics and post them up.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Small Turkey Day update:

Another winter project will be shoring up Guisseppie's Feel's front grille, which I had wrapped in the same satin black as the hood and roof. Will glue it from behind and attach the plastic mesh, but once again, not in a rush. Will do in April once it's warm enough.
    Don't know if you got around to it but if you're using the ebay grill behind the feel's grill you don't need to glue anything. If you trim basically the whole bottom of the ebay grill, the upper tabs can be mounted under the feel's. That what I did
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

No, haven't gotten around to it yet. Having a tough time understanding what you're saying without the grilles to look at, but will def take what you're saying and see if I can do it. Thanks.

Now I understand what you're saying about the grille. So yeah, for $29, I just ordered another one; I'll cut it up when it arrives. Thanks for the idea.

Now, on to the pics:

That's how the rear sits with the BC coilovers. I'm having a tough time getting to a setting that's not bouncy but also that doesn't shake out my fillings.

You can also see my driver's side Cobra Daytona seat; it's a bit soft for me (being large and in charge), but I was finally able to get a good seat base - Planted with one of their sliders. The Wedge base on the Bride I didn't like at all. I'll probably go to a Cobra fixed back eventually, as I just like them more than other seats for driving.

Weathertech sunroof visor I bought from Vadim at SS; it reminded me of my first car (83 SAAB 900S, which had one), so I couldn't say no.

I'm going to a PA EF / CRX meet on Sunday; sadly, the CRX's OBD1 conversion will be about halfway done, so I won't be able to drive it. On the good side, I'll be able to finally get to my Hybrid shift kit to replace my BCSS, maybe get the grille on, some of the interior stuff back in, and so forth. I did send my pillars and most of the trim out to get hydrodipped in a CF pattern close to the HFP's, so the headliner will have to wait til I get those back. Then the sad day will come when I'll have to put the OEM rims and snow tires back on the car for winter duty.

Oh, and keep forgetting to post this pic. The Feel's titanium knob got way too damn hot in summer, and if summers are going to continue to be like this past one was, no way I'm going to deal with a metal one again. So I treated myself to a two-piece Raceseng knob that's got a delrin outer covering, and is even more Grinchy than the rest of the interior. I found a good set of HFP trim with the two console pieces and the vent covers, and they're all on now. I also used permanent marker to black out the area between the knobs on the upper left - that white looks pretty low rent the way it was. And found a set of knobs on ebay with green plastic screens on them instead of the normal orangy red. Can't really see the green too much, but I know it's there.

Been a while, and someone has to keep this forum going. So here's a pic of some work I did yesterday. Had Endless Hydrographics hydrodip all of the pillar covers, the "oh shit" handles, and some other trim in what I thought was a close to HFP cf pattern. Well, looks like I made a bad choice on that, so then sent down a stock center console trim pair to have him hydrodip that as well. Just did the swap yesterday; now all trim pieces are the same "weave". Also went with a new shift knob - a Beatrush 6-speed knob from Kamispeed. Also got a Beatrush RSX front license plate relocate piece; going to check it out today and see if it fits. Taking a half day to get a newer MF exhaust swapped in. It's got a resonator, which mine doesn't, and for the price I got it, it made sense to just get a newer exhaust with the resonator on instead of getting a resonator added in to my older exhaust. Hopefully, this will make the sound a little easier to take - just want it to be a little quieter.

HFP trim is for sale on the FB site - good price!!

Still haven't put in the headliner, but now have all of the pieces I need - had lost a couple of the clips/tabs somehow. But given the weather, probably a good bet that i won't do it until spring.

Update Time

So a small # of pics for a pretty good number of updates (which is par for the course for me, unfortunately).

I went and bought a used pair of OEM seats and swapped them in. The aftermarket seats that I've tried have all not worked too well, so just going to stock until I find something that works exactly the way i want it to. But damn, forgot how high the stock seats are.

Onto the pics, then explanations:

I finally got around to getting rid of some stuff that had been cluttering things up at home. I'll take some more pics this weekend once I'm done with the passenger's side and a couple of little surprises.
    The steering wheel is a 300mm Nardi with a WorksBell quick release and short hub. Also retained the cruise control in the stock location-ish, which was much easier than expected. I love the feel of the wheel, but don't like how much of the cluster it cuts off, no matter the position it's in. I may have to jump up to a bigger size eventually. Though at least I know that the horn works and there are no problems, so swapping out a new wheel is easier than assembling Ikea furniture.

Also went with some First Molding cf side mirrors. Used stock bases and way too much bondo as you can see, but really just wanted to get them mounted and see if I like it. I'll probably have a body shop do a much more professional looking job on the set of mirror bases that I removed for these ones. But I like the mirrors themselves - blue tint, so anti-glare and similar to the Spoons in that regard. And the size gives me enough view to make them semi-practical. You can see on the far shot the difference in size between the stock mirrors and these. No one makes bases for these cars, so it was either mod the stock bases or use flat sheets of cf, which I'd like to avoid.

Finally, i did at least the driver's side door panel. Replaced the door checker; had no idea what it did before or how easy it is to replace ($20 from a local dealer each side), and it's so much better to be able to keep the doors open - my shins have thanked me many times over. Also are the 03 window switch (04 is that awful silver), black RSX lock switch, and the parts that I had hydrodipped months ago and am finally installing. The "AUTO" light on the switch stays on for some reason, so there may be an issue between years, so I may have to put the stock one back on instead. I'm sure it doesn't draw much power, but no reason to risk it.

I'll do another post after this weekend's work. Hopefully, things will move along well.

Small Update

Got around last weekend to doing one of the updates I've been looking forward to; swapped out my oem front seat belts for a set that I had Safety Restore redo in a more appealing color. And they even retract too, which I've never had on this car before.

You can also see the AL RSX Type S (I believe) floor brace - I had to remove that to get to the bottom bolt of the seat belt - when I removed the belt the first time, I rounded the original bolt, since I couldn't get to it very well. So better safe than sorry, and removed the brace this time. Swapping out was easy, worst part is undoing everything on the side plastic panel from the rear forward - hate doing that. But you can also see the Type R carpeting and custom armrest in alcantara. Safety Restore has 25% off on iG, if you are interested in getting some belts, they really are great quality and the customer service is amazing - they get sent out the day after they receive them. Have to get the rears on soon, then can start piecing the interior back together, with the Type R rear seat that i picked up from JDM Engine Depot here in Joisey. Not sure if I care enough to do the extra set of door panels that I have by doing a red insert on them, we'll see.
    Also swapped back in the original window switches - paranoid about that 02/03 switch where the "auto" part never stopped being lit up. Must be something different about the wiring in the switches pre-facelift.

I got through with a couple of installs on Sunday, on my last day of my vacation. Put in all seat belts, finally put in the JDM rear seat that I've had for over a year, and slapped in the accessory trash bin I had ordered from JDM Land. A couple of weeks ago, I gave up the ghost and had the local dealer put my headliner back in, as I was just messing it up the more that I played with it. Only cost a couple of hours, so it was worth it to not have it taking up so much space in my apt, and the install was better than I could have done. The guy did a really good job with the alcantara and diamond lime green stitching in the rear.

Also got some cocomats; had them in my previous DD, and the quality is great. Redid my headlights, and seriously f*cked up an attempted Lamin-X install- I can never get those to work. So will either leave as is, knowing I'll have to do the headlights again next year, or get a tint shop to do.

Finally got my Seibon Type R-ish cf rear spoiler yesterday to replace my Fugen one from them that wasn't looking too good. Will get it clear coated soon and then figure out the electrics and the drilling into the roof (a scary proposition). Then will be getting closer to running out of little things to do, other than a new steering wheel - just too annoying that the gauges are cut off with the 300mm Nardi wheel; am just going to get a 350 and live with it so that i can see the MPH above 40. I hear that's important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information