Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like the color of the rims!

Thanks! Unfortunately, they fade pretty quickly, even with three coats of clear powdercoating. Next time - probably when I take them off in Oct/Nov 2020 - I'll get them redone in something less silly - maybe pearl white with a flake.

Threw this on a couple of weeks ago; I swapped in red T20s (I think that's the right #) from ebay to get the color more of a red than the amber, which I don't like too much. So magically, I now have only 89,000 miles. it is nice to have a valid redline to go with the engine - haven't done the wire bridge to get the center console lights to come on yet - I remember the last couple of Saab years of production had a button called "black out" where you push it, and only the tach light came on for the whole dash - this reminds me of that. But I'm basically being lazy and rationalizing not doing the bridge - I'll get that done eventually, probably when I install the rear spoiler once it's back from getting cleared.

By the way, the new shift knob is a Beatrush delrin 6-speed one in white; really like it. Also have a Nardi boot on the ebrake just to round out the adds. And I just ordered a Nardi Gara Sport steering wheel - should have that in next week. Will be nice to have full gauge visibility again.
    Pic:

Steering Wheel Update

Got my new steering wheel in yesterday, a Nardi Gara Sport, 350mm vs my old Nardi at 300:

The Gara Sport is the one with the flat bottom, red stitching, and perforated leather. It's a good deal thinner than the old one too, which will take some getting used to. Here it is in place this morning after doing the swap overnight - as you can see, the gauges are now fully in view, which is great, and is worth the change. I hated not being able to see them fully.

After work, I picked up my Seibon cf Type R type rear spoiler from the body shop, that had done a clearcoat on it. Will be putting it on within the next two weeks, which is great because I'm tired of the nasty looking oem spoiler that I've had on there since I ordered this one.

Great updates!!!!!!!!! Im enjoying reading and seeing all the photos. I desperately needed some inspiration and motivation to make my EP unique.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 06-04-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Love the car one day I’ll get that type r 🙏 swap

Mini Update

Teeny little update here.

Was annoyed by the blue on the Nardi horn, so found this horn at revlimiter.net while looking for installs of the NSX-R horn (and saved about $175 between the two for a horn I like much better). Also had the trim ring powdercoated for my usual Grinch theme - black was too much with all of the black on the steering wheel.

Look at those sexy mighty whitey calves!!!

Moving on.... had to wait three months for a Seibon cf Type R ripoff rear spoiler. Fits great, and the wiring was simple - only scary part was drilling into the car for the wiring pass-through.

Yes, that dip in the roof does hold rainwater and morning dew, but not a big deal.

Had a mid strut bar powdercoated as well, will install that soon. In other news, ordered a Wavetrac LSD, and hopefully getting a Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust soon in the mail. The LSD to see if there is a diff in diffs - have the stock Type R one with the tranny, and I'm just tired of the droning of the Magnaflow exhaust, and hopefully the Tanabe will quiet things down. Will post up more as things happen. My paintjob is taking a beating in Joisey parking lots; thinking more seriously about a wrap next year. It must be the EP3 curse! :)

Another small update

After messing up several attempts at getting Lamin-X on my car, I let a pro handle it, and the add'l cost was really not much at all.

Weird thing is that they decided themselves that the light tint wasn't dark enough, and so went with the medium tint instead. I was pissed at first (they said that they could do it in light if I really don't like it), but it's growing on me, so I think that I'll keep it.

I do have a Morimoto retrofit kit, so the headlights are still plenty light, but if I had the stock setup still, not sure if I'd be happy with output.

Other new parts are a Skene Designs license bracket kit - have one on my CRX, and like it, so figured I'd do it again, and it gets rid of that obnoxiously large plastic behemoth from the middle of the bumper. And yes, I put on a bumper plug, since nothing else made sense, and red adds at leat 0.000004 hp.

Still have a ton of stuff that I haven't done, but decided to add an Air Walker rep lip to the list of parts that will not see the light of day until spring. But I should have a fun painting project with it in the meantime. Just about done with my Magic Racing side mirrors; I did a much better job with the mirror brackets this time, so they should be on the car fairly soon.

love what you've done with the hatch brotha

Small update. Think I'm off the steering wheel madness now; I bought a Personal Neo Grinta 330mm wheel, which solves several of my issues with the Nardi - ended up not liking the flat bottom on the wheel (maybe it would have felt better on a car with a shorter turning radius), the feel of the perforated leather, and the thinness of the rim. This solves all of that, and when I eventually get my Cobra seat installed again, the small cutoff at the top of the gauge cluster will be not a problem.

Otherwise, no real updates. Just assembling everything for the spring, then I should be pretty busy with the car. Since the CRX is in winter storage, I'm working on that when I can. Got the S2K cluster bug, so am working through that for the crx and assembling what i need.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information