Close

Hood, Front Bumper/Lip, & Spoiler/Wing Options

Hey guys, due to the cost of repairing the hail damage on the hood of my car, I'm looking at potentially replacing it altogether. The problem is, all the replacement hoods are wildly expensive compared to what I've paid to replace hoods on other cars. The cheapest one I could find is the OEM hood from HondaPartsNow.com and it's $345, unpainted.

I also figured that while I was getting the hood painted, I might as well buy a better front bumper (or would a front lip spoiler be better? Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-Honda-...16.m2516.l5255) and a replacement rear spoiler to mitigate the "minivan" look that it currently has with the stock spoiler. I was planning to do that eventually anyway, but it would be cheaper to have everything painted at once.

What are my options in terms of those pieces? Before painting, I'd like to spend around $800-1,000 or less

Ps. My roof also has some hail damage, but not nearly as bad. No scratches, just dents. Is it worth messing with it?

check car-part.com for used hood from junk yards. You might get lucky and find a decent one that matches your color
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thanks man! I'm seeing a lot for the '03 and '04 models. Are those interchangeable with my '05?

I replaced the driver door in my color from a crashed track car for 250 CAD. Drove 4 hours to get it and made a day of it.
    Replaced both bumpers with matching UKDM Type-R parts for 1200 shipped to my place from the UK. Sold my original USDM bumpers for 350, so only cost me 850! Look at UK "Breakers" and they have all the parts you need for pretty cheap, it's just the shipping that kills.

ps Even though all my 'new' parts are Satin Silver, they've all aged differently so it's not a perfect match but 90-95% good.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Timtastic View Post
    Thanks man! I'm seeing a lot for the '03 and '04 models. Are those interchangeable with my '05?
    Yes. The oem hoods are interchangeable from 2002-2005 EP3.

And like prodius mentioned, you can buy type r bumpers front and rear but you will lose or have to modify the rebars.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information