Close

Battery problems I'm assuming

Hello fellow EP3 owners. I am having an issue with my battery going dead if I leave the key on to listen to the radio with the car not started. I have been searching for a remedy but I don't guess I have searched in the right spots, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time

How old is the battery?
    And the battery's in these cars are small in general. Are you running an amp setup or just radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly do not know how old the battery is, I bought the car about a year ago now and i dont remember it doing that when i first bought it. Apparently the previous owner had an amp and everything in it before because they left All the wires in place. I have been seeing some build up on the battery, so the whole issue could just be the battery. I am just trying to make sure before i fork out the money for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenmisty View Post
    I honestly do not know how old the battery is, I bought the car about a year ago now and i dont remember it doing that when i first bought it. Apparently the previous owner had an amp and everything in it before because they left All the wires in place. I have been seeing some build up on the battery, so the whole issue could just be the battery. I am just trying to make sure before i fork out the money for a new one.
    Clean the buildup with a wire brush. You may just have a bad connection. Give that a shot first.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Ok I will do that while I am off work tomorrow....also have to get the numbers off my ecu so I can see if it has been reflash. Once I get my battery figured out, I have an oil leak (more of a spray) when I really get on it. It's coming from the belt and pulley side. Hope it's nothing too major.

Could be vtech solenoid or loose oil filter or valve cover leaking. Gunna have to pin down area first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if it is 1 of those three that don't sound too bad 😟. I hope..... I will need to get some simple green and do a good wipe down on that side..but first battery. Will be getting to it this afternoon after school.... if I'm not in class I'm at work...if I'm not at work I'm at home with the kids lol. Love being busy lol

Thread Information