-rsx aspec coilovers
    -hardrace lca bushings
    -front camber bolts
    -rear hardrace camber arms
    - buddy club short shifter
    - comptech icebox
    -09 si stock wheels
    -changed to brand new spark plugs about 10k miles ago

I hardly drive the car anymore since I moved near my university. In the fall I'm going to have a bit of excess cash so I'd like to take care of my car in case I might need it later.

Thing is I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'm thinking I'm going to do a brake/clutch fluid flush and changing brake pads, clean my air filter, change my oil, change my passenger side door lock actuator that is broken....but what else?

have you done a change of the manual transmission fluid in awhile? howabout coolant?

lil off topic, but where did you find Hardrace LCA bushings? I'm contemplating doing them. did they make a big difference?
    Last edited by beechstreet; 06-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    have you done a change of the manual transmission fluid in awhile? howabout coolant?

lil off topic, but where did you find Hardrace LCA bushings? I'm contemplating doing them. did they make a big difference?
    I bought them off the hardrace vendor on these forums. I had to PM him and it took a while to get to me. but is it way worth it, it beats the energy suspensions because theyre rubber and dont require maintenance. I think mugen makes them rubber as well but theyre way expensive for some reason.

I definitely feel the difference. It's hard to say what exactly made my car better because I did the bushings along with coilovers and an alignment all at once.

and yes I did coolant about a few months ago. I will add tranny fluid to my list THANKS

any more recommendations on what maintenance to do would be helpful =)

if you are having more tire road noise than usual you also want to get wheel bearings checked...mine were destroyed at 160k...also check belts...and maybe change for the heck of it since it has served you 150k...that's what I did!

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    I bought them off the hardrace vendor on these forums. I had to PM him and it took a while to get to me. but is it way worth it, it beats the energy suspensions because theyre rubber and dont require maintenance. I think mugen makes them rubber as well but theyre way expensive for some reason.

I definitely feel the difference. It's hard to say what exactly made my car better because I did the bushings along with coilovers and an alignment all at once.
    Cool man, thanks for the info.

Also check out your outter tie rod ends. Mine were toasted and I'm at 160k. Not too difficult to replace if you are gonna do it yourself. You will need an alignment afterwards to get toe back into spec. Have you checked your sway bar endlinks too?

I replaced those to the dc5 tie rod ends to fit the aspec coilovers alrdy. I will check the wheel bearings and belt. thanks!
    Last edited by ShadySi; 05-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Raise the car up, and pull out the series of rubber plugs on each side of the car, and clean out anything that may have accumulated.

Thread Information