Close

2005 civic si EP3 K20Z3 swap Help?

i have a 2006 Honda civic Si full swap (k20z3) ecu,wire-harness

just looking for info on if its plug and play into my 05 EP3

everything i find online is for a 02-04 EP3 but not 05 EP3

any info would be nice thank you

"Please don't hurt me lol"

You're right - there are differences with the 05s, I just don't know what they are. That's an odd choice, good luck with it!

Found this:
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread...ighlight=k20z3

That and the links provided in it will probably get you a bit further. Then I'd say do another search on K20a.org for the 05 specific issue if it's not accessable from that link.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You're right - there are differences with the 05s, I just don't know what they are. That's an odd choice, good luck with it!

Found this:
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread...ighlight=k20z3

That and the links provided in it will probably get you a bit further. Then I'd say do another search on K20a.org for the 05 specific issue if it's not accessable from that link.
    ty, i will putting in my swap some time this week will post my updates soon

2005 civic si EP3 K20Z3 swap Help?

So you need to use your stock ep3 harness and extended the speed sensor and solder in the z3s speed sensor clip. Don't know if there is a difference in shifter cable connections but other than that it's a direct swap. No need to change axles or anything. I have a z3 in my ep3. Also you will need a speedo healer to tell you how fast your going and vtec to work. And must use kpro and just use the k20z1 base map. It will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ocho View Post
    So you need to use your stock ep3 harness and extended the speed sensor and solder in the z3s speed sensor clip. Don't know if there is a difference in shifter cable connections but other than that it's a direct swap. No need to change axles or anything. I have a z3 in my ep3. Also you will need a speedo healer to tell you how fast your going and vtec to work. And must use kpro and just use the k20z1 base map. It will work

Just did the swap last night everything went good just the Throttle Body and the VSS. The Throttle Body needs to be replace or get the Karcepts plate to make it work because I was getting vacuum leaks.
    For safe measure i took off the “A3” Starter, Alternator and AC compressor and put them on the “z3”
    And besides the RPMs going up and down or staying high above 3K the car drives fine no issues so far
    All gears work
    “Kpro is a most lol”

Sent from my PC using Windows ---------lol

Thread Information