Close

Dash Kit Help Needed

Hey peeps

I've got a 2003 Civic SiR (as they are called in Canada), and I tried to order a dash kit piece on Amazon which would allow me to install an aftermarket stereo. There was no option for a Civic SiR on Amazon, so I ordered the one for the Si thinking... "how different can they be?" The piece doesn't fit by just a few millimeters, but clearly it's not the right part.

Here's the part I ordered which didn't fit: Wrong Part

1) What's the difference between the Si and SiR?
    2) Where can I get such a part for a 2003 SiR? I can't seem to pull up anything on google!

Need. Tunes.

Thanks!

Hmmm, I'm stumped; never heard of a difference between the two, either. How is it off? Could you either shave the kit down if it's too big or bondo it if it's too small (I did that to make a dual-din frame for my crx, and it wasn't all that difficult)?

In Canada, with regard to 7th gen civics,

CDM Si is the equivalent of the USDM EX
    CDM SiR is the equivalent of the USDM Si

I'm jealous bc you not only get the fancy SiR badges but DRLs as well.

It''s been a few years but, but IIRC it should be Metra 99-7860

The following link is the dash kit I believe you need: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120997...-7860&skipvs=T

click on the pics, 2nd pic is the dash kit model number with the ep3's dash.

If you're installing a single DIN radio, I recommend you buying an additional 'universal single DIN pocket'. If you use the double DIN surround from the Metra 99-7860 kit with the universal pocket, you can relocate the radio to be closer to the shifter and have the pocket above the radio. Or you can just use the dash kit meant for the single DIN radio. you'll have both if you buy the metra kit.

Good luck
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Or, even better, just do a double din radio. I find them infinitely better on our cars than a single.

Thread Information