Close

DRL, Foglight, and Interior Footwell lighting

Hey guys,

So a little bit of background on my car...

To start, I installed aftermarket foglights (whole kit, including the foglight button) back in April 2017.
    There were no issues with them, and they were working fine, until I tried to install footwell lighting. In July, I tried to install footwell lighting, however I accidentally used a bad ground to power the lights. As soon as I turned on the car, I saw a spark on my ground wire, and smelled smoke.
    Of course, the footwell lights didn't work either.

Now at this point, I noticed that the DRL light on the gauge cluster is on, and also noticed that my foglights weren't turning on.

After taking a break from all the mess-ups, I re-wired the interior lights, and they ended up working, however my DRL and Foglights are still messed up.

The foglights won't turn on, and my DRL wont turn on either.

I've done some troubleshooting on my own.
    For the foglights:
    • Replaced the bulbs
    • Changed the power source

For the DRL:
    • Replaced the fuses
    • Tried 5 different DRL moduleas

I've also changed the power source of the interior footwell lighting just incase; I tapped it into a different fuse on the fusebox.

If you guys want to see some pics, check out my page on Instagram @ep3.sir

Appreciate any feedback, thanks

For those following this thread or experiencing similar issues,

I went to my mechanic to fix my o2 sensor and told them about the issue I've been having with my DRL and fog lights ever since I installed my footwell lighting. Turns out the reason my o2 sensor code went off was because I wasn't getting power there, and that's because of shorting the fuse on the seat heater which is in direct correlation with the o2 sensor.
    Shortly realized after that I tapped into the seat heater when first installing the footwell lights.
    That traced back to the problem with my foglights and DRL. My foglights and DRL were not getting power because of a connection between my primary fuse box and my internal fuse box.

TLDR; if you have this problem, bring it to a garage. The professionals will relieve your headache.

Thread Information