About 110k now on my 05 EP and I've noticed that getting into 3rd, 4th and 5th gear from rpm's over 3k results in resistance almost like lock-out, but if pressed further it will crunch or sometimes grind.

1. Double clutching seems to make no difference.
2. CMC is not leaking, fluid is clear and full.
3. The slave cylinder is also not leaking.
4. I checked adjustment on the clutch pedal, there isn't one due to it being hydraulic.

I did a rudimentary clutch test and it holds but does take a few seconds to completely stall the motor out. So I am going to assume that the clutch itself is on it's way out and going into reverse and feathering the clutch, you can hear it and feel it shudder a bit.

I've read conflicting posts on the internet (go figure) that the CMC may not be disengaging properly and you are trying to change gears when the clutch is not fully disengaged. This could be valid given that the fluid may take time to fully engage the clutch which could coincide with the rpm being at 3k and allowing for the gear change. Double clutching or just pressing the clutch pedal in and waiting for the rpms to drop to around 3k to engage the next gear, then blip the throttle up again then release, while slow may just be the CMC not working correctly.

My first question is, and I most likely won't know until I pull the transmission completely out and crack the case, is if it is the synchro's or the clutch itself, or even the CMC, though visually all seems to function properly.

The second question is obviously I am going to need a new clutch and either new flywheel or resurfaced flywheel. I have looked at an Exedy OEM clutch or an EXEDY 08806 clutch with a 8lb flywheel that is stated to have to work with the 08806 clutch. Seeing that I have a JRSC on my k20a3 at 100k, is it worth (subjective) to add this or would an OEM clutch and new OEM flywheel suffice for the maybe 200hp at the wheel difference?

Had wanted to add a MFactory LSD but I think that's a bit of a waste at this point now.

Anyone have any suggestions or care to share any similar experiences?