Close

Just bought an Ep3 had some questions

Whats up guys I'm Noah, I just have a couple questions. she's basically stock except for a cold air intake and rims with lowered suspension. my dream car. The coolant line on the throttle body is leaking causing it to throw an idle air control code so no vtec, and she runs pretty rough :/. I want to get a K-tuned 80mm throttle body, but with the rough idle I'm not sure if I should just get a stock one to start and throw in fresh timing chain and guides to try and chase down the idle issue? any suggestions would help!

2018-01-22.jpg

Welcome, this site is pretty dead. If you have a facebook, look up Ephatch.com page and join. It's alot more active than here and probably get your questions answered faster.

I'd just replace what I had to and then start saving up for a swap. You'll be much happier in the long run, and a larger TB is not going to do much at all on the stock engine. I wouldn't even replace the timing chain unless it needs it badly. If you're stuck on keeping the stock engine, get a Kpro reflash on the ecu. Then I'd leave it and save up or concentrate on other areas of the car - Hybrid Racing short shifter, thicker rear sway, replace bushings, wheels & tires, etc.

But yeah, this forum is pretty dead these days. But post more pics of your car; every bit of new traffic here helps.

Thread Information