Close

Need some help with headlight wiring.!

So recently, I had a headlight go out, and rather than replace the HID bulb, I decided to upgrade to LED instead.... one of the problems though, is that the old headlight socket was just sitting out in the open, exposed to all of the elements, because the HID's had their own custom wiring. I bought the car 2 years ago and it came with the HIDs, and until now, haven't had to mess with them... Anyways, I bought a new headlight socket, and went to install it, but quickly realized that I wasn't sure how the wires should go.

There's 3 wires. On the new socket I bought, the wires are red, yellow and black. On the stock socket, the wires are red with a blue stripe, red with a white stripe, and solid red. I called on the assistance of a friend to help me wire it up since he knows more about electrical than me, and he was convinced he wired it up properly, yet when I turn the high beams on, the lights go off, and when i have the low beams on, I think it's actually the high beams that light up. I had him come help me again today, trying to rewire it in different combinations, but we couldn't seem to find the right one. He claims we tried all possibilities, but since we didn't actually crimp the wires, there's a possibility that we had the right combo at some point and there just wasn't enough contact to complete the circuit...

Anyways, does anyone here know the proper wiring scheme so I can stop trying to guess? My friend is convinced it's the bulbs, but I'm starting to believe it's the wiring, and before I take the bulbs back I want to make sure the wiring is correct. Here's a picture of the way we wired it up the first time, but we have since cut the wires and I'm waiting to find the right combo before connecting them again.

Thanks!

It keeps telling me the remote image is too large, So i can't embed it... So here's the imgur link. https://i.imgur.com/u9WpTFK.jpg

EDIT - I did what I should have originally done, and took the old socket apart to see which wires go where. I rewired the socket to mimic it perfectly and now no lights come on at all, high or low. I checked the under-hood fuse box and the fuse is good, but something odd I realized is that both headlights seem to be powered by the same fuse, even though there is supposedly a fuse for the left and a fuse for the right... I took some more pictures and put them on imgur Headlight rewiring https://imgur.com/gallery/Mdypz
    Last edited by etregoning; 01-25-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: New info

Thread Information