Close

With regards to compatability between EP's..

Before i get in trouble for starting a new thread, yes I have tried to look for this on here with no luck, i don't know if i just suck at searching or what hahah. Anyways, I have a 05 ep3 in great mechanical shape but it's been smashed up decently recently. I found a rolling 02 ep3 in my same taffeta white for a few hundred bucks and was looking to swap some parts over. I was just making sure that these would fit over to my 05: I'm looking to take at least the tailgate, rear bumper, passenger window, and passenger mirror. Just making sure all of these can fit from an 02 over to an 05. And lastly this 02 has an exhaust that i was going to swap over to mine if it works. Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, I just really need to figure out if this will work out or not, and i can't seem to find it anywhere /: Thanks so much

A few differences to name for 02-03 models from 04-05 models would be headlights, taillights, rear sway, no sideskirts, windshield mirror (rearview) and bracket, brakes and other suspension peaces while also being a 4-lug car, and some other stuff, but none that you named, considering the car you are looking at is stock... Rear bumper, windows, side mirrors and hatch door should be all the same.
    If exhaust is EP3 specific, it should fit, although, some swap to DC5S specific header + DC5S midpipe + EP3 muffler. In that case you might have to do the same thing if you wanna swap it over, since the lengths are different.
    You can also crosscheck part numbers online if you need to look at more parts to swap over. Sideview mirrors are even going to be paint code (color, Taffy White) specific.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Those pieces are the same all through, major differences were the headlights, tail lights, inner fender guards in rear and front ones in the engine bay as well as the power up down on the driver side window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you guys so much for the info. I also realized that the 02 ep i'm buying has fog lights, would those swap over to my 05 fairly easily or would they not be compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted05 View Post
    Awesome thank you guys so much for the info. I also realized that the 02 ep i'm buying has fog lights, would those swap over to my 05 fairly easily or would they not be compatible?
    Physically they will swap over since all models utilize same bumper construction if they are OEM, but if I remember correctly, they used to have two different sets of instructions in regards to wiring (installation). One for 02-03 and another for 04-05, so you might have to play with that but it should not be too difficult. There used to be a pdf for both. Google is your friend in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by maksym View Post
    Physically they will swap over since all models utilize same bumper construction if they are OEM, but if I remember correctly, they used to have two different sets of instructions in regards to wiring (installation). One for 02-03 and another for 04-05, so you might have to play with that but it should not be too difficult. There used to be a pdf for both. Google is your friend in this situation.
    Been able to dig up some fog light installation/wiring instructions from my other computer which are labeled as March 2002 issue. Its a pdf file that might be helpful if you are still interested. Although, cant attach it here due to the file size. If interested let me know, send me a message, might be able to email it to you.

Thread Information