Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Updated] HELP! I have a hole in my Transmission?!?

UPDATE EDIT: That hole is supposed to be there. Vent for Clutch housing
    ---------------------------

Hi Guys, I need a little help here. I found a hole in my Transmission hiding behind the connection with the Intermediate Shaft. Is this supposed to be there? [Hoping this is some sort of vent :)]

Backstory: Transmission started to whine a few weeks ago (car has 126K miles on it) so I knew it was due a fluid change. Replaced MTF with Pennzoil Synchromesh drove around and the whine is now gone. While under the car cleaning up from what I thought was a bad Transmission Oil Seal (between tranny and intermediate shaft) I found this hole, which definitely looks to show some gear teeth through the opening. I have no idea where this hole came from... no misshifts, and I can count on my hand how many times I've hit redline in the last +10 years of owning this car. It's my daily and I'm kind of old so I don't dog it around at all.

Here is a video which shows the hole pretty well. Any input you guys can give is greatly appreciated. I assume this hole is NOT supposed to be there. Just looking for another opinion. Will probably try and JB putty it next weekend to seal it off after a good cleaning of the area. Thanks!!

tranny_leak_1_small.jpgtranny_hole_2_small.jpgtranny_hole_1_small.jpg
    Last edited by vtecDave; 02-26-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    04 Civic Si - nhbp
    12 Accord EXL v6 - cbp
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information