Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally Got My Dream Car - 2005 Vivid Blue OEM EP3 BEHOLD

Figured I oughta get involved here now that I got my dream car. I say dream car because when I was in high school, this car was so cool; especially in blue. I finally came across one that wasn't clapped out, low miles, excellent condition, and BLUE.

Details:

115k miles
    No Mods
    2005 - Vivid Blue
    Purchased for $5,000
    No accidents
    2 previous owners
    No HFP - Sadly

I'm not sure if I want to do some quality of life mods yet - Intake / exhaust / manifold, etc... Maybe I'll get some advice from the community. Perhaps a car in this great of shape deserves to stay OEM.

Anyho - Good to meet everyone here - I'm based in WA

Here dem goodies - Via Google Photos

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NCl2S7KZyuNurJS02

Congrats! Looks super clean, and the last year of it too!

Surprised that it has halogen lights. Not even my previous 2012 EX-L had halogen. God, I'll never own another coupe....
    Last edited by DTR; 06-04-2009 at 12:53 PM.

I spy some HFP. Looks like one of the previous owners left the dash kit in your car.

With the exception of the battery tie down, the car looks remarkably rust free. Congrats on getting such a well cared for EP3.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

If you're talking about the 'carbon fiber' trim in the center, that was a 55 year-old man. It's a stick on from the looks of it, so if ever needed, I can remove it.

While it looks clean, I'm quickly building a laundry list of things I need to replace or repair, such as the door actuators. The wing also has its clearcoat almost completely gone.

All in all, I'm really happy to have it. I smile every time I get in. I fiddle around with all the storage, and I love what a unique and special generation it was for Civic. Few of my co-workers actually thought it was a 2017-2018 model; cute....foolish, but cute.

Great condition. Usedep3 is correct - looks like HFP dash trim. Give it a close look, it's not a stick on. I could be wrong, but I'm 99.44% sure.

Congrats - at least get a Hondata ECU flash; it makes the stock sucky engine slightly less sucky. Mmm - stock foggies too. Great pickup.

And yes, first mod should be a replacement battery tie-down. That's nasty!

HFP "CF" Dash is an overlay (sticker). I think only the EP3R CF dash is a replacement or at the very least a more complete overlay.

I think one of the defining characteristics of the HFP overlay is the gaps in between each of the HVAC dials.

I'm fairly sure you can get some extra cash if you don't like the dash. The HFP dash overlays have been discontinued for a long time. I'd be interesting in trading panels.

BTW hold onto the blank by the shifter if you have it. Those are discontinued as well IIRC and they are model year specific. 02/03 vs 04/05 have different part numbers due to the color differences. The silver is a slightly different shade. i don't know why
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information