Close

Talking New member - owner of 2004 EP3 since it rolled off the dealer lot

Hello,

I am the owner of a black 2004 EP3 that I purchased in the Spring of 2005 for $16,300 on an unadvertised special because the dealer wanted it off the lot. It had 23 miles on it. Fast forward to 2018 and I am still using it as a daily driver and am sitting at 392,200 miles.

It is in relatively decent shape for being a Minnesota car that has been driven every Winter but there are some minor issues with hail damage and some rock chip rust spots on the hood. I do all of my own repairs and generally try to buy Honda parts unless they are ridiculously expensive.

This is a bone stock car with the original motor, trans, and clutch. I have torn apart just about every part of this vehicle at some point another and it just keeps going.

Tonight I started to work on the annual valve clearance inspection/adjustment and noticed that I have a failing cam lobe on the number 1 cylinder exhaust cam. I guess that is to be expected with almost 400k miles despite my religiously scheduled oil changes. Not too bad.

I figured that I would just purchase a new set of camshafts and continue on my way but am having difficulties locating stock camshafts for any reasonable prices. Worst case scenario I upgrade but with the age and miles I'm thinking that may push it over the edge into the Honda graveyard in the sky.

I was a mechanic in my previous career before my current IT career so I am hoping to share some of my knowledge and experiences working on an EP3 in the frozen tundra of Minnesota with all of their rust. If anyone has any decent used stock camshafts laying around after their performance upgrades, I may be interested.

333333.jpgHere is a snapshot of the odometer in late 2014 when it hit all 3's. I don't have a lot of pics of the full car but can take one this weekend when the sun is out.

Amazing dude, you might be the highest mileage ep here.

I don’t have my ep anymore but I have a2 cams and K24a head, sitting at my parents house in St. Louis. If you need more info just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information