Close

I need guidance.

Hey all. Got my 02 ep3 about a month ago and am trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I'm only 17 and don't have the money for serious mods like coilovers, turbo, or even a catback, but I still want to learn as much as I can about modding and try to improve the car as much as I can. I figured this forum was the best place to start. Before i got it it was hit while on the side of the road. I dont know the details, but it was never fixed, so i got it with a dent in the door. I tried to fix it, but my limited skill and resources couldn't quite bring it back to its full glory. I'll try again soon and hopefully fix my poor job. I'll link to some pictures of the car. Any recommendations on cheap first mods would be awesome. Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/smQY25zH3KjXftvS9

Hmm, I would just look on the EP3 Facebook group for a new door, honestly. That would be my first "mod". Should be fairly cheap, as there are several full part outs there now.

Once that's done, I'd think about what i want to do. I'd replace that center console, but if you like it, then leave it. Looks very nice overall, especially for an 02 in the rust belt. You sure there's no rust underneath that needs attention. The problem with EP3s is that engine mods are pretty useless; even exhaust and intake mods really don't do much until you get to swapping in an engine and going KPro. My first mods if that were my car, other than the door and console, would be:
    Oil/filter change
    Coolant change
    Two interior filter change (behind the glove box - search, they can be really nasty)
    Check out tires and replace if necessary (I would go with snows for MI under the assumption that I would be getting new summer rims/tires in the spring)
    Check out all bushings and replace if necessary
    Then, I would get the Civic Type R rear sway bar as my first real mod (jdmland.com has them)

That makes a good difference. Then the mods get more expensive and with winter coming, I'd just start hoarding cash and organizing a plan for spring weather to come.

Thread Information