Close

Moto IQ suspension build

Anyone here doing a Moto IQ build? I get the impression that most people just daily these things and probably don't even attempt to fix the handling/steering issues that the EP3 has. I've noticed a few people doing A-Spec suspension swap which is far less expensive than the moto iq build.

I had the A-spec until 2018; it's a middle of the road solution. Ended up going with coilovers, as I wanted a bit more of a drop and thought that the bounciness in the A-Spec suspension was annoying enough to just go full hog on a real setup.

Okay, i was just wondering about the A-spec because i saw some information on it but wasn't sure. I'm on Megan Racing EZ2 street coilovers at the moment. 10kg in the rear and 8kg in the front. Just got done putting the reverse tie rod ends and hardrace ball joints in and the ride is pretty good now. I will probably stick to my current setup for a while considering i'm just daily driving the ep3. Thanks!

Regarding Megan Racing EZ2, I heard mixed reviews about them.

The EZ2 street coilovers are fine for street builds but can't imagine using them on the track. I will say they improved my ride so far, the rebound/compression is a huge improvement over stock suspension. the spring rates are stiffer which helps with the understeer a little. The biggest improvement to go along with those megan racing coilovers are the reverse tie rod ends and extended ball joints. so glad i got those because everything goes to hell if you lower an ep3 more than one inch. I believe Megan Racing is a cheaper version of BC Racing

I'm in the process of doing this to my 02 dc5. Got the following parts:
    -tein flex z w camber plates
    -energy suspension poly coil spring isolator for the front (rears already have them). This is to prevent binding/pops
    -whiteline KCA424 front LCA bushing for caster
    whiteline kca368 rear bushing for camber
    -shg rack slider

I'm considering hardrace tie rod ends (7183), some kinda billet rear lcas, and a rear upper camber kit, and stiffer sways, but that's like another $1000+. Any thoughts?

The Aspec suspension was amazing especially with the other parts I added to it like extended ball joints etc. I guess if I had to do it again, I would would use my todds version 2 caster plates and invest in a fortune auto 510 coilover system with a bunch of other stuff from SHG and DVRACE. Right now my ep3 is sitting waiting for clutch install and motor refresh. The suspension will definitely see a refresh.

Only thing I had issues with were camber bolts. Couldn't get as much adjustment as I wanted. I would also look into the mugen control arms very nice addition to the suspension especially when wanting to get the settings where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3rez View Post
    The Aspec suspension was amazing especially with the other parts I added to it like extended ball joints etc. I guess if I had to do it again, I would would use my todds version 2 caster plates and invest in a fortune auto 510 coilover system with a bunch of other stuff from SHG and DVRACE. Right now my ep3 is sitting waiting for clutch install and motor refresh. The suspension will definitely see a refresh.

Only thing I had issues with were camber bolts. Couldn't get as much adjustment as I wanted. I would also look into the mugen control arms very nice addition to the suspension especially when wanting to get the settings where you want it.
    I hit up FA about those coilovers that were on that MotoIQ video. Apparently they discontinued them :(

Thread Information