Close

Porsche disaster has brought me here.

My story of woe . I've always wanted an exotic sports car so I decide to buy a used Porsche. I Do extensive research select the year I want. After a search on the internet I find my Porsche. Owned by an older guy who has all the service records etc. I lay down the cash and five months later the engine fails! Cost to repair $18,000! I decide that's insane and dump the car. I'm out pretty much my entire investment. Oh the pain!

Now I need another ride but I need something a bit more economical since I took a huge $$ hit. I start looking for either an WRX or an Civic Si. As luck would have it I find what I hope is a great car. A one owner 05 still completely stock with only 55,000 miles! I snatch it up for $5000.00 which I think is a good price.

I've had the car since last Thursday so it's not even a week and I love it. Even though it's stock I can see that it has potential. The problem is I am as much of a newbie as is possible. I've been on the internet trying to figure out what mods to do and in what order. so please be patient with me as I truly know very little about these cars. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the members on this forum so I can begin the process of modifying my Si.

Congrats! Yes, the purchase of a Porsche should be called the "initial investment". :)
    Lots of info here and on the related FB group (though it's kind of dead here due to FB). Start a build thread, and document the progress.

I've had my 04 for about 3 1/2 years and still love it, and mods are a bit lacking, but it does make the search a little more interesting than most other cars. Have fun.

There's a fairly decent youtube video about why the EP3 suspension sucks and how to fix it; it's a decent first look at what's available. Though coilovers are pretty much the go to these days to replace the struts. I'd recommend BC.

Thanks, appreciate the guidance. I'll check out the FB page also.

Thread Information