Close

EP3 Advice on What to Do with my catalytic converter issue most appreciated...

I bought my EP3 new in September 2003 and have enjoyed 188,000 miles on it. It is 99.9% OEM/stock, has been meticulously maintained and much loved. Unfortunately, it now needs a catalytic converter and I live in California. The cost of replacing the converter with a Honda OEM part doesn't make sense given all the other financial needs of my family and I have been told that a 3rd party converter will not function correctly with the emissions system. Lastly, I am not a mechanic of any sorts.

What do the enthusiasts of EPHATCH suggest I do??

Thank you...

This a late answer but. A few years ago I replaced my cat with the MagnaFlow and changed out rear O2 sensor. Roughly three years later both are bad again. This summer just going to spend the extra at honda and hope it last this time. My engine is complete stock.

My MF cat has lasted 4 years, and with the K20A the last two. I don't think it's worth the add'l money to get one from the dealership (at least get it from one of the online places); you could go through what, 4 of them, before you get close to one stock cat?

Thread Information