Close

Will this fit? 17x9.5 +29

Hi newbie here and have a wheel and tire fitment question. I have my eyes on a set of wheels but unfortunately they are wider than my initial plans. They are 17x9.5 +29. If they fit some how, what size tires do you guys recommend?

You should check out the thread called "Where's the Beef" on here.

Here's the link.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ere-s-the-Beef

The correct and logical way to increase wheel and tire size on the EP3.
    If you want to make your car look and operate like it has down syndrome, and thus go for that hellaflush, excessive camber look, then really the sky and your wallet and self-respect is the limit. you can put 18x11 on the EP3 with 245/35 tires and stretch the fuck out of it and maybe make it work.

As far as 17x9.5... that's close to +30 which ill be very close to the lower control arm and there wont be any room for good sidewall protection. You'll likely rub with 235/45 or 245/40.
    You may be able to run 225/45 but you will stretch badly, tire integrity will be severely compromised, and your safety will be shit. Not worth trying to make them fit.
    Find wheels that are 3 piece so you can have them made with the correct width and offset for our chassis, or pick wheels that are actually able to be ran on an EP3 (17x7 +45-30 to 17x8 +40-35 to 17x9 +35-30) with tires that have the same sectional width as the wheel width.

Use a tire&wheel calculator found on the web to see how much wider and taller it changes things with your choice before installing it to see if its going to rub too much to fix with a fender roll. Also check the scrub radius with the setup you want to try vs the stock EP3R/EP3 scrub radius and make sure you dont go too far outboard (mexican poke) that your handling goes to shit as well.

Hope this gets you started to learning the right way. Aesthetics are shit if it compromises your safety and handling.

There's also a wheel sizing thread that would be helpful - I poured over that until I made my decision. Which was 17 x 8 +38, which required a small rolling of the rear fenders, which was not a big deal.

To me, 9.5 is a bridge too far, but with enough money, anything is possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The reason I ask is I found a set of wheels that I like but they only come in that size. I thought 9.5 +29 will rub, just getting 2nd opinions to confirm.

I've seen 17x9 +35 vision rims fitted on an ep3. The tires are 245/40's. With this setup, you need to do mild fender roll.

Thread Information