Close

02 EP3 "Project Daily" Build

Hey Everybody

Gonna post up my build thread/future plans for my EP3. The goal is to end up with a CTR conversion but on a very limited budget. I believe I can do it relatively cheap (for the most part, I know the swap wont be) but correctly. I am a stickler for OEM parts so I know that alone will make it hard to find at cheap prices. So here goes....

- Got my EP3 in July 2017

List of Mods so far:
    - AEM V2 Intake ($60) in August 2017

- Replaced OEM Shift knob with another ($20, used) OEM Shift Knob (shift map was pretty much non-existent on original knob)

- 17x7.5 5Zigen Heidfeld Wheels ($120) in August 2017 (Needs new tires, not on car yet. Unsure if going different route)

- Fujitsubo Legalis R Catback ($200) September 2017

- EDM OEM CTR Wing ($90) October 2017
    - E46557E1-6ECA-4D9E-AFCE-3F27C1DB24A3.jpg

(More Photos coming soon!)

Plans/Goals:
    -KPro
    -K20A Swap w/6spd Tranny
    -Type R Front/Rear bumpers and Sideskirts
    -Preface-lift Type R Taillights
    -Preface-lift Type R Headlights
    -Still researching on either going coilovers or just lowering springs/aftermarket struts/shocks

Thanks for checking out my build, its nothing anyone else hasn't done before. But it definitely gives me something to do on my free time lol.

PS- if anyone has any pointers or suggestions PLEASE do not hesitate to post them! I've worked on cars before (96 2g DSM w/built 6 bolt swap, 05 Acura TL 6spd) but I am completely new to this platform.

Welcome to the forum. K20A is a great upgrade, but as you said in your intro, it ain't cheap. I've had mine for about 4 months now and really enjoy the power. Make sure to get the LSD as well with the package you get.

The car is generally bulletproof. The door actuators are a recurring issue, but other than that, things hold up well. Good luck with the build.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Welcome to the forum. K20A is a great upgrade, but as you said in your intro, it ain't cheap. I've had mine for about 4 months now and really enjoy the power. Make sure to get the LSD as well with the package you get.

The car is generally bulletproof. The door actuators are a recurring issue, but other than that, things hold up well. Good luck with the build.
    Thanks! Yeah its looking like the swap would be more than what i paid for the car when its all said and done 😱. Haha but anything worth having doesnt come cheap. Yeah what was odd was when i got the car, it had no door actuators. Previous owner mustve removed them because when i went to replace the drivers side, there wasnt even one in there....

Coming from driving a 6spd acura tl for the last 7 years, i find myself having more fun in the ep. something about that stupid little car that is so much fun to drive....

Wait til you dial in the suspension. Obviously, all out power isn't great on these cars until you go forced induction (something I'll never do), but once you start modding the suspension, it does get more fun. I'd add the CTR rear sway bar to your list of potential mods if I were you.

Good stuff. Being a stickler for OEM parts is a good attribute. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Wait til you dial in the suspension. Obviously, all out power isn't great on these cars until you go forced induction (something I'll never do), but once you start modding the suspension, it does get more fun. I'd add the CTR rear sway bar to your list of potential mods if I were you.
    What suspension do you recommend? Ill need to replace lower ball joints first (they look pretty bad). I was thinking just shocks/struts and springs since i really dont care for low low.

Quote Originally Posted by soquel1 View Post
    Good stuff. Being a stickler for OEM parts is a good attribute. Best of luck to you.
    Thanks! My acura TL has been treated with OEM parts only for maintenance and its treated me well. Im more than positive the ep3 will do me the same.

I've got the A Spec kit. Some grinding down on the bolts needs to be done, but it's a straightforward swap. It's relatively cheap too, in the $600-699 range.

It drops the car 3/4 - 1", which is not low enough to need any corrections to the geometry of the car other than a good alignment. Not too harsh either, and it's Honda quality. But I'm sure that a Koni/Eibach combo would be good too.

Any update on this build?

Bump
    \

Will add the CTR rear sway to my list!

Interesting build. Got new updates on your build?

Thread Information