Close

Thread: Kpro problem

Kpro problem

So i bought a kpro v3 a couple weeks back off a hondata dealer. I plugged it in and loaded up the high octane tune and aside from the immobilzer light flashing it worked perfectly, until 5 or 6 days ago when my cel came on and the code P1108 came up. I dont know what could of caused it and if i clear it, it will stay fine for an hour up to 2 or so days. if my ecu is truly broken then i would like to transfer the kpro board over to my stock ecu that i kept. Ive emailed some tuning shops in my state (MA) but none of them have replied. does anyone know if this is something i could safely do myself?

I would say no, and it would also void whatever warranty there is, if there is one. One suggestion I would make would be to contact Xenocron - they're very good, located at the NY/NJ border. You could ship them both ecus and probably get them back in a day or two. Of course, I'm sure the same could be said for any authorized Hondata dealer, but I've dealt with them for years.

Thanks ive contacted them and they said they could do it, one other thing, is it possible that i caused the code by not grounding to the cylinder head i heard from some sources that it doesnt matter and from others that it can brick your ecu and kpro.

Thread Information