Close

Unhappy Coolant leak from behind exhaust manifold?

Hello Everyone, first time poster long time lurker and i'm stumped.

I recently had to replace the starter in my '04 SI Hatchback and i've been having a coolant leak ever since then. The odd part is that the coolant doesn't seem to be leaking from anywhere related to the coolant system. To replace the starter i removed the airbox, throttle body, fuel line and intake manifold. I realize i should probably buy a new IM gasket but the leak doesn't seem to be related. the coolant seems to only leak at highway temperature and shortly after parking and it's leaking from some hose that's next to where the exhaust manifold connects to the resonator. I'm not sure what this hose is and when I got an oil change, the tech said he couldn't see the source of the leak. I've checked the to see if any coolant is leaking from the IM down behind the wiring harness but it's dry?!?

Does anyone have an Idea as to what that hose is or what would cause a coolant leak at the junction of the exhaust manifold and the resonator (almost completely behind the engine bay)?

I will post a picture of the general area of the leak as soon as i return to my apt.

Thanks

-Brian.

I figured it out. C-clamp came loose on the thermostat return hose up by the idle air assist valve, was running down the side of the block and hoses. Replaced intake manifold gasket while I was at it..

-Brian

Thread Information