Close

Question Short shift kits

Just wondering what short shifter kits you guys would recommend. Also looking for shifter bushings. lmk what brands you guys recommend.

Kits basically have boiled down to Buddy Club ($150 on ebay, mostly plastic, but fairly bulletproof anyway) and Hybrid Racing ($400 at their site; very beefy, plenty of potential adjustments, but more difficult of an install, imho).

I like the BCSS (Buddy Club Short Shifter), but basically because it required fewer band-aids after install, and it's good enough for me. Most people swear by the Hybrid one, though.

Bushing - there are many versions, and I haven't seen anyone really complaining about one brand specifically. I got mine from Corsports, and they've been good. You also should get shifter springs, as they're stiffer than stock and help with getting the short shifters into a neutral position while in neutral.

Enjoy the shopping!

My car had a kit the Neuspeed used to make that seems to work just fine. I have never used the Buddy Club or Hybrid Racing shifters, so I can't compare, but I've heard that they are a far better setup.

I'd have to look up which bushings I have, but assuming the dimensions are correct I can't imagine there is a huge difference in brands.

Still new to this platform, so take the above with a handful of salt.

No, you're spot on. No salt needed.

Thread Information