Close

Question Towing with '03 SiR safe for car?

Hey folks, I've been planning to move across the country from Toronto to Vancouver, and banking on the fact that my little 2003 ephatch has a trailer hitch, to bring some stuff with me. The hitch says the towing capacity is 2000 lbs and the U-haul website seems to agree that it's suitable to tow.

That said, when I talked to a u-haul guy he said that it puts a lot of strain on small cars to tow trailers. I'm not sure if it makes a difference that the SiR has a different engine than a basic Honda civic--or whether he was even aware of the difference. Do you think it will put too much strain on my car to drive it that far with a trailer? The point of driving my vehicle across the country is to have when I get there--if I ruin it along the way it will kind of defeat the purpose .

I was going to go for the smallest u-haul trailer available: the 4 x 8.

I just don't know enough about these things to make an informed decision. What are your thoughts?
    Leaving August 27th. Thanks!

honestly if you can i would just rent a uhaul box truck and trailer to tow your car just for piece of mind and you will have an easier time packing things. TBH i wouldnt want to tow with my car.

Thread Information