Close

2002 Canadian SiR

Hey gang,

Just picked up my EP3 SiR last weekend for 1400$ canadian with 185000km and 12 wheels to go with it.

the issue on the test drive that were seen on the test drive were:
    -Rust on the quarter panels(welcome to canada)
    -Brakes were due
    -exhaust hangar needed to be replaced, was causing the exhaust to scrap on speedbumps
    -Mismatching tires had winters in the front since the summer tires were down to the cord almost.

I thought for those little problems 1400$ was a good price so i picked it up and decided to tell the girlfriend a week later when she wouldnt be home as i was afraid for my life.

Fast forward to yesterday 08-25.

My buddies EF fuel pump died on the side of the road

I received my oem pads and rotors once we jack the car up we notice 2 things.

1. 3/4 swaybar end links are done needs replacing.
    2. the front swaybar is completely cracked from where the bushing sits.

not really something i expected to see broken but it was.
    So ive been looking on the locals for a EP3 part out or i might just go aftermarket with the progressive sway bar since im planning on autocrossing on the 21st of september

The famous broken down EF XD
    69067245_10214590804819545_4803054131751157760_n.jpg

$1400 is still a steal, assuming no other bigger issues. Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    $1400 is still a steal, assuming no other bigger issues. Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you,

Im really satisfied with its fun to drive and a lot quieter than my FRS, I havent started it since getting the SiR
    after seeing the swaybar i kinda said to myself it isnt a proper project car if it isnt on jacks stands once in its life.

Small update 30-08-19

OEM endlinks have arrived from rockauto.
    The EP3 at the local junkyard was sadly taken out of the inventory for the front swaybar.
    I made a post in the local Honda group hoping to find one if i dont get a response but the end of the day I am ordering a 27mm Progressive sway bar.

Check on the FB EP3 classifieds as well; always people parting out their cars. Good luck!

Weekly update 06-09-2019

I picked up a large amount of parts ready to install.

4 X OEM endlinks
    ES front sway 15.9MM(i think)
    10 row oil cooler kit.
    Power stop Z26 brakepads
    K24A2 long block

I had a oil cooler kit that was intended to run in my FRS but was missing the hoses that i intend to run on the SiR with a oil pressure/temp gauge.
    As is known to everyone the K20A3 doesnt have a oil cooler built into the water pump and with highish weather in canada I figured if i have all the parts might as well use it. still havent looked for a suitable area to mount so i might have to wipe the dust off my welder to fabricate a bracket.

My Indy 500s will be mounted on some enkeis further this week while i do the final preps for the car next week for autocross on the 21st and drag racing on the 22nd.

Thread Information