Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What tires for a 2002

Hello all, just bought a 2002 ep3 and of course it needs rubber. I've read that tires can make or break this car so what do you more knowledgeable ppl suggest.
    It's a completely stock ep3 15 inch rims I belive and it will be a daily commuter. That being said I'm looking for better handling over better ride. Ofc the ideal will have good handling and a soft quiet ride but handling is key
    Thanks

Have you upgraded anything else for the suspension? If you haven't done any other upgrades and just looking at tires I would go up the next possible tire size and width from the stock tire size and get a little bit more beef to it. On my setup I completely changed the front suspension over to a type s ASPEC setup and changed the wheels to base 2005 wheels with upsized tires which was an amazing ride with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyFluid View Post
    Hello all, just bought a 2002 ep3 and of course it needs rubber. I've read that tires can make or break this car so what do you more knowledgeable ppl suggest.
    It's a completely stock ep3 15 inch rims I belive and it will be a daily commuter. That being said I'm looking for better handling over better ride. Ofc the ideal will have good handling and a soft quiet ride but handling is key
    Thanks
    My '02 is completely stock. Just bought it a year ago. It had some crappy tires on it which I plan to replace. But since I live in the northeast, I decided to go for an extra set of rims with snows on them. I got MSW 22T, 15x6 wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak 195/60 R15s (OEM size) based on a wish for the best wet/icy/snowy rubber. I got them mounted a day before we got a bad snowstorm and the car went up and down hills as well as my Outback ever did. Snow tires all around is the key. They sing a bit on clean roads, but I'm thrilled with the performance. They really grip.

In the spring, I'm going to ditch the old summer rubber on the factory wheels and probably replace it with Yokohama Ascend GTs, based on Tire Rack's recommendations.

What kind of tires are you looking for? I'm currently browsing 4WheelOnline for their selection of tires. I'm in need of a new set of tires by March.

Thread Information