Close

Just bought a 2002 ep3

I paid 1500 for it 150000 miles
    Dead stock, needs a clutch and a oil pump and new rubber. I actually belived the guy when he said he parked it as soon as the oil light came on. Dent on the right rear fender and the paint is about how you would expect. chips in the front but not really faded at all (black). What you guys think, good deal or no. Suspension is pretty tight with newer struts. Starts easy and sounds good for a k20 engine. The only thing I'm worried about is it has a small oil leak somewhere. Like 5-7 drops where it has been parked for months.

It's probably from the vtec solenoid behind the engine on the passenger side. Bad seals from age, cheap fix.

Hmm it is toward the passenger side. Thx for the tip

I think that was a good deal. It is an older car so expect to replace a lot of things, lol. I got my 03 ep3 with a lot more miles for more than what you paid for. Luckily the 2 previous owners were older adults who took care of all maintenance and didn’t beat it to hell. As for the oil leak, just as gforce mentioned it could be the vtec solenoid seals, or the valve cover gasket. Both easy to replace yourself.

Thread Information