Close

Inverted Tie rod and twitchy feel ???

Hey guys, i just recently did a bunch of work on my ep: Energy suspension bushing kit front and rear, both ball joints, inverted tie rod ends, the steering rack bushing, and all sway bar links.

Took the car for a test and saw it was wandering at high speeds like crazy. So i took it for a professionally done alignment.
    All specs are in except rear camber because i did not buy the adjustable camber arms. IT still wanders like crazy at highway speeds. The mechanic said that the camber in the rear could be the case?

I been searching like crazy online and the things i have done should of helped with these issue, to be honest the steering is worse then when i had nothing done to it.

Could it be that i didnt lubricate the steering rack enough when doing the bushing there? Could it be the inverted tie rods??

Let me know what you guys think or if you had this problem. The inverted tie rods are the Hard Race ones.

Thanks!!

Hey guys quick update, replaced my rear camber arms with adjustable ones and it still seems to be wandering. I am getting a knocking noise when i give it gas and let off in the front. I jacked up the car and tested for play but did not see find any.

Check the balancing of tires and if you make sure that there are no issues with parts installed. Also what is your alignment spec for TOE in?

Another update, so all the TOE specs were in as i had got an alignment. So just for kicks i ordered new inner and outer tie rod ends as they were only 150$. Sure enough the car feel good again.

Has anyone else had these issues with the HardRace inverted tie rod ends???

Quote Originally Posted by czmarko View Post
    Another update, so all the TOE specs were in as i had got an alignment. So just for kicks i ordered new inner and outer tie rod ends as they were only 150$. Sure enough the car feel good again.

Has anyone else had these issues with the HardRace inverted tie rod ends???
    What are you dropped on and how low? The EP tends to be finicky
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information