Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Inquiry: Replica Pre-facelift (01-03) CTR Front Bumper

Hello guys, was just hoping to find out if anyone has any experience with this replica. I'm in the hunt for a Pre-facelift Bumper (that I will need to paint B520P VBP) and it seems like I have two options:

1. Purchase a NH623M SSM JDM bumper from Lingshondaparts.com for $448

2. Or purchase this unpainted replica from an obscure company called Auto Body Parts for the price of $125

I understand replicas tend to have fitment issues, but I am hoping to hear from anyone that has real experience with the bumper or the brand in general.

Thanks all!

You can go with OEM, Lings is good but I've had a better experience with Hendy Honda in the UK.

The replica is probably the same one sold on ebay by overseas vendors. The bumper is most likely produced by TYG (Tong Yang Group) and is an almost identical copy to the OEM one. The only difference I could find with this bumper and the OEM Honda one was the location of some mounting holes. The replica needed 4 holes to be drilled out/relocated for the grill. A handful of the bumpers also didn't have the holes on the front bottom of the bumper to fit the OEM CTR front lip. Both issues are easily fixed and well worth the lower cost compared to the OEM Honda option. Also, TYG is one of the main 'aftermarket' bumpers used by US autobody shops when insurance companies wont pay for OEM parts.

Hope this helps

Source: Years ago, I bought and sold a few of these bumpers (OEM, replica and used JDM)
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Awesome! Thank you for the very informative response. So let's say I do find the OEM replica by TYG — from your personal experience, would I need a JDM Front Rebar to fit it?

I'm also going to reach out to the eBay seller, to see if he can confirm that for me, but just wanted to find out what you've seen.

Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by forsncre View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for the very informative response. So let's say I do find the OEM replica by TYG — from your personal experience, would I need a JDM Front Rebar to fit it?

I'm also going to reach out to the eBay seller, to see if he can confirm that for me, but just wanted to find out what you've seen.

Thank you again
    You want a jdm rebar for any ep3r bumper (oem/replica, kouki/zenki). You don't NEED the rebar but I highly recommend it for peace of mind. Many users have modded their usdm rebars to fit. I would just go with oem EP3R rebars for simplicity sake. Some users will go no rebar.

The Kouki/Zenki rebars will both work. The only difference between the 2 rebars is the facelift one has mounting points on the center of the rebar for the horn relocation.

The oem usdm rear rebar is the only one I recommend modding bc the EP3R ones do not fit at all without major modification anyway.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    You want a jdm rebar for any ep3r bumper (oem/replica, kouki/zenki). You don't NEED the rebar but I highly recommend it for peace of mind. Many users have modded their usdm rebars to fit. I would just go with oem EP3R rebars for simplicity sake. Some users will go no rebar.

The Kouki/Zenki rebars will both work. The only difference between the 2 rebars is the facelift one has mounting points on the center of the rebar for the horn relocation.

The oem usdm rear rebar is the only one I recommend modding bc the EP3R ones do not fit at all without major modification anyway.
    Awesome! I'm in no rush, so I might just wait for an oem jdm bumper and rebar to pop up somewhere.

Thank you again for the exhaustive replies!

Thread Information