Close

Angry Please help! 2 Weird problems EP2

Hi,
    after ten years I'm finally back in a honda, just got an EP2 that I will be putting a k20 in due to sheer frustration and the lack of decent EP3's for sale and the price they command.

Anywayyyy, so second day of owning it I decide to take out the awful headunit someone had put in, swap from the Pioneer headunit to the trusty sony and swap the iso connector harness... I feel it power up in my hand (great) go to put the fascia on... NOTHING...
    Having had 2 civics and an accord in the past I know about that weak 7.5A fuse that usually blows and doesn't enjoy aftermarket headunits - atleast on the eg/ek this was the case...
    Check the fuse - not blown? Weird. Swap back to the other headunit... Nothing. Swap back to the sony... Nothing. Put a 10A fuse into the radio's 7.5A despite still not blown... Nothing...

So I think ok I'll leave this for now get out goto lock the car with the fob - it now doesn't work? What the....?

Look up a programming guide and try it whilst seeing the red light go on the lock button showing the battery isn't dead... Nothing.

Then I couldn't lock my boot with the key? In the End I turn the car on use the lock button on the drivers doorcard, turn the car off, manually put up the door lock and get out and lock from the other side so the boot and passenger door are locked safely.

Not a brillant start to EP ownership. Oh and the fuse box just keeps falling down hanging above the clutch pedal? Is it meant to clip into something or a rail? this is VERY annoying and dangerous!

Please help me this has really put a downer on things as I've wanted another civic ever since I sold my EK and accord!

Kind regards,

FIXED! red fuse in the engine bay! both radio and central locking fob now work, fusebox inside car just needs a bolt :) productive day

Thread Information