Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Clutch for EP3

Hello!
    I’m looking for some feedback on clutch and fly wheel set ups. I’m looking to upgrade what I have in my ep (I think it’s stock). I don’t want anything above a stage 1 clutch. It’s my daily and don’t plan on tracking it or anything. I have i/h/e with no tune, yet.
    I’ve read that exedy is a good brand, but just as much good reviews, I’ve seen iffy ones. ACT has been said to have problems also.. Haven’t seen anything bad about SPEC yet. Also reading about the fly wheels, it’s been said no more than 10-11lbs when choosing one..
    Also last thing.. I’ve also read that the type s clutch and fly wheel would work in an ep..
    ANY comments and feedback are welcomed. Thanks!

Action has a stage1 for 02-06 K-series that is a great clutch. Part number is ACR-0651. Reviews will always push you away from what is out there. Action has a great reputation and most name brand clutches are the way to go. Stay away from Ebay clutches because you never know what you will get and there is no support to assist you with tech support. If you have IG you can reach out to Action and speak with them directly or call. James @ Ghostwerks might be able to assist with some insight since they are a transmission shop that might have some good insight from what he sees prior to rebuilds. He is also on IG.

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll do more reading on the ACT.

IIRC if you switch over to a RSX type s flywheel, your options will open up. I had a oem type s flywheel with an oem replacement exedy clutch kit (comes with fly wheel and throwout bearing). When I did my k24 swap, I changed the type s flywheel to a type r wheel which is lighter. A new OEM rsx-s exedy clutch kit was put in again. I ditched the exedy throw out bearing and put in a OEM honda one. The arms that hold the bearing onto the arm developed a crack. Others have had this issue as well. Don't forget to replace the pilot bushing while you're in there.

There should be a thread on the forum by Doug (Talonxracer) about clutch options. IIRC he all oem honda clutches are repackaged exedy clutches. If you end up staying with an oem set up or if youre power plans dont warrant it, consider Exedy and it should save you some money

Good luck
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information