Close

TSX Type-S/Accord Type-R

[not sure if this is a repost]
    Just read they may bring this over, a k24 220hp, 6spd tranny w/LSD...sounds like it would be an interesting swap into an ep.
    **Any thoughts??

[not sure if this is a repost]
    I certainly hope not, or I hope at least the guy who first posted this had the sense to put down a source for this information.

Let me guess...a dealer told you?

I heard the Type-R is coming to America.

Sorry, this thread was just askin' for it :D
    *ducks and covers*

Honda will brings to our shores the Acura TSX-S in the form of 2.4L i-vtec with 200hp and 166tq and 6 sp close gear ratio some time in this summer

Fondles The 12 Inch
    umm... theyre already out... ive seen 2 already:)

I certainly hope not, or I hope at least the guy who first posted this had the sense to put down a source for this information.

Let me guess...a dealer told you?
    source=one of the first pages on hondatuner(mag), the issue with the del sol on front.
    I heard the Type-R is coming to America.
    It's a TSX-S, would be a JDM Accord type-r, however it would be watered down, like our RSX-S is to the JDM Integra-R.
    Honda will brings to our shores the Acura TSX-S in the form of 2.4L i-vtec with 200hp and 166tq and 6 sp close gear ratio some time in this summer
    That's what I thought.
    umm... theyre already out... ive seen 2 already
    Was it the actual "type-S" or just a TSX, cause the TSX just came out not to long ago, however they have been debating on bringing a more performance oriented version = Type-S, like the rsx and rsx-s?

I believe both will have 4-cyl 200hp-200hp+ k-series engines right?
    Last edited by StrangeShadow; 05-31-2003 at 11:02 AM.

Originally posted by StrangeShadow

source=one of the first pages on hondatuner(mag), the issue with the del sol on front.

It's a TSX-S, would be a JDM Accord type-r, however it would be watered down, like our RSX-S is to the JDM Integra-R.

That's what I thought.

Was it the actual "type-S" or just a TSX, cause the TSX just came out not to long ago, however they have been debating on bringing a more performance oriented version = Type-S, like the rsx and rsx-s?

man, i wasn't bein serious about the type-r thing... i was just adding fuel to the fire which is the great civic type-r in america debate. all i know is that the tsx we have now is the accord euro-r. also, why would they give us a type-s model of tsx while the current tsx has those same specs?
    Last edited by r3p00c; 05-31-2003 at 12:07 PM.

ephatch member
    no one knows if they are going to bring a tsx type s. but we already got the regular tsx

TSX = overweighted, overpriced, underpowered JDM Accord.

TSX = overweighted, overpriced, underpowered JDM Accord.
    I'm more interested in just the engine, and if it would be significant power for an ep.

i would like...

Originally posted by StrangeShadow

That's what I thought.

Well, TSX already comes with K24 with 200 HP and 6 speed manual. TSX is essentially Accord Type R, whatever was optional in Europe/Japan is already standard on TSX. I would like to to see them make TSX with cloth seats, regular A/C instead of dual zone climate control, regular halogen headlights instead of dual HID's, make it weigh 2500-2700 lbs and sell it for $20K. I would be the first one to get it.

By the way Lexus IS300 can be had for $26K until the end of June with 1.9% Financing. There is also an incentive on Acura CL and TL, something to think about. When the new TL comes out in September, the outgoing TL or CL can probably be had for $25K for Type S with 6 spd manual. I have heard of dicounts on TSX as well. Some people get them for $200 under invoice for the 6 spd model without navigation.

At this point, I would rather get IS300 over TSX. TSX needs to be under $25K to sell well.

Just read they may bring this over, a k24 220hp, 6spd tranny w/LSD...sounds like it would be an interesting swap into an ep.
    ...can care less about the car, thought this one made it obvious, but 'll try again, interested in the ENGINE, JMI(vendor who got port his dc5r and has more) believes it is a k20a I was wondering if it was k24 or k20a, and if a swap with this engine woud be better than a a k20a rsx-s, or dc5r engine performance wise.
    (can care less about seats or lights cause I have a ep!)

hello there, Im new here, anyone know if k20A2 and k20A4 is the same bolt pattern intake and 70mm or 76mm? planning to swap with RBC...thanks
    Last edited by weltall; 06-04-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Thread Information