Close

Radio password HELP!! ASAP!!!

Hey guys, i am going to make a long story short, today i had to disconnect my battery from my EP3. then just a couple of hours ago, I re-connected it. i started the car & saw the word "code" on my stereo screen. Now my problem is that i have no clue to what the password is for my radio. I just brought the car home about a month ago, and i dont have a service manual, (probably wont help) Any thoughts on how i can get my password back?? can i take the stereo out and find the code somewhere printed on it?? what about the dealership?? just to mention, this is a factory stereo.

Thanks guys.

outside on the left of your glove box is one spot they put it on. the dealer can find it but its pricey. there are a few other locations it could be but i cant remember if you search the site you may find more solutions.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rashondasdriver View Post
    There are three things I know of. Usually there's a sticker in or on the outside of the glove box. You're looking for a five digit code.
    Second, My sticker is in the lid of the engine compartment fuse box.
    Third. There's some buttons you can press to get the serial number out of the radi. Here's the sequence.. Don't pay those charlatans to get the code though.
    Go here for the rest.

My local dealership doesn't charge, and if they did, simply call them and say "Hey this is ____ from (insert local dealership name,) and we've got a Honda Civic Si in here that we just replaced the battery in, and we need the unlock code for the radio."
    I decided to use the sequence. I used the steps to get my serial number back, and it worked. The next site that you gave me states that i need my VIN number from the car. I went to my garage twice just to make sure i have it down properly. i put the number in and it keeps saying that the number is "invalid" I know that i an typing the VIN in properly. But the site does say that is is only open until 6:30pm PST and i am Eastern time zone up here in Canada. So maybe ill have to do it again tomorrow, but thanks for the help.
    Last edited by superhatch; 10-03-2008 at 06:12 PM.

charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

i had to get the serial num off the radio its under the it so ull have to pull it apart and take it to honda and it was free so you can do that

Under the lid of the Fuse box next to the air box. for mine.

you can call honda with your VIN and they will give it to you, same thing happened to me

So you got your serial code. call ANY Honda dealers and they'll help you out free of charge.

yes honda dealers will help you get it free, just need VIN or radio serial number. i had to do this back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by thehulme View Post
    yes honda dealers will help you get it free, just need VIN or radio serial number. i had to do this back in the day.
    Thanks for the help guys.

bump..

Because hes trying to up his post count to sell shit yet doesint realise you can sell at any post count now. *ratarded*

omfg u can sell at any # of posts? THANKS! I was still counting to 200.

If you have lost the code for your Honda EP3 factory stereo, there are a few options you can try:

Check the owner's manual: Some Honda vehicles have the code printed in the owner's manual, so check if yours has it.

Check the vehicle's glove box: The code may also be printed on a card in the glove box or on the trunk lid.

Contact the dealership: The dealership should be able to assist you in obtaining the code. You will need to provide proof of ownership and the vehicle's VIN number.

Look for a label on the stereo itself: The code may be printed on a label on the stereo or on the casing.

If none of these options work, you may need to purchase a new stereo or have a professional retrieve the code for you. You can look at this website*for Honda Radio Code. I hope my research will help you.

Thread Information