Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installed an Alarm..U should see the crossbar in our cars!!

So I had a CODE alarm installed yesterday. I included a glass breaking sensor and a proximity sensor. Turned out very nice, and it works with my stock, keyless entry remote. COOL!

Anyways...as it was being installed, I took a look under the carpet, right in front of the rear seats. There's this MOTHER sized cross beam that goes across there. Holy crap it's HUGE! Makes me wonder if we would really need a rear strut bar.

SLOlife
    Yeah you

Re: Installed an Alarm..U should see the crossbar in our cars!!

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
    So I had a CODE alarm installed yesterday. I included a glass breaking sensor and a proximity sensor. Turned out very nice, and it works with my stock, keyless entry remote. COOL!

Anyways...as it was being installed, I took a look under the carpet, right in front of the rear seats. There's this MOTHER sized cross beam that goes across there. Holy crap it's HUGE! Makes me wonder if we would really need a rear strut bar.
    which model of code alarm u put on?? did u install the siren too?? or u just hook it up to the horn

It's a CODE F30/F35 (at least that's what it says on the manual).
    And I've got it hooked up to the horn. When it goes off...you'd swear someone was in the car, laying on the horn. The "honking" is very random , doesn't follow a pattern at all.
    People seem to ignore the sound of car alarms these days...but this thing'll definatley attract attention.
    It actually went off once when I was parked at my honda dealership (my only false alarm), and a guy I know that works there, thought there was somebody in the car being a prick. He had to get closer to realize there was nobody in it. :)

I would love to hook it up to a siren... i love the chirp when you lock it! (chirp CHIRP!)

-Brett

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
    It's a CODE F30/F35 (at least that's what it says on the manual).
    And I've got it hooked up to the horn. When it goes off...you'd swear someone was in the car, laying on the horn. The "honking" is very random , doesn't follow a pattern at all.
    People seem to ignore the sound of car alarms these days...but this thing'll definatley attract attention.
    It actually went off once when I was parked at my honda dealership (my only false alarm), and a guy I know that works there, thought there was somebody in the car being a prick. He had to get closer to realize there was nobody in it. :)
    does ur remote look like this if it is, is the power elite 4100

I didn't get a remote because the guy who installed it, got it to work with the OEM keyless entry remote. Why are you so curious? Thinking of getting one?

damn, i should have done more research before getting my compustar. I would have loved to get an alarm that can be used with our existing remotes. but i'm so spoiled now with the car starter. we need them here for our edmonton winters

If my car wasn't stored during the winter...i'd definately get a remote car starter too. There's nothing worse, than getting into a COLD car.

SmoothOperator how do you like the alarm? I'm interested in getting an alarm for my car but don't really know wich one to get there's soo many choices.

Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV
    SmoothOperator how do you like the alarm? I'm interested in getting an alarm for my car but don't really know wich one to get there's soo many choices.
    I really like this alarm....like I said before, only one false alarm so far. My last car had a CLIFFORD alarm, and it was constantly going off for no reason. Even when I turned the sensitivity of the proximity alarm way down.
    What sold me on the CODE alarm was warranty. My dealership brings in a guy to install these alarms, and it won't void the warranty. Plus the guy that installed it, has been doing this for several years, and he knew everything about them.
    I was looking at a VADAR alarm at first, with a pager warning system. He went on to tell me if anything ever happens to it, and parts are needed, it'd either be impossible or very hard to obtain pieces. So.....that in a nutshell is why i went with CODE.

what dealership?? and how much??

hey spidet, how did you get your starter to work on our cars? Isnt it a little dangerous if you started it while it was in gear and the parking brake was not on? How was the clutch switch bypassed? Thanks
    ---Tom

Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV
    what dealership?? and how much??
    London Honda, about $500

who should I talk to in getting the alarm put in may car? anybody in perticular and does it really works with our remote??

if possibale can you give me all the info on the alarm u got so i could get one plz. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information