Close

2003 Honda civic si 2.0 5spd. Trans or possible clutch problem.

Did a clutch kit on it sometime the first of the year. Got the exedy stock replacement. It was my first time replacing a clutch by myself. Drove fine for about a month or so then was making a left off my street and it all of a sudden was like it shifted to neutral and won’t go forward or reverse. Also the driver side cv axle won’t release off the transmission when I tried to remove it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I’ll post a video of what it is doing. https://share.icloud.com/photos/045C...lRvDC9-WHY5hyQ
    Last edited by Kdd1234; 05-28-2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added more information

It could be that the throw out bearing failed.

Did you use the one that came with the clutch kit? My first clutch replacement I just used the TO bearing that came with the kit and about a year later, one of the tabs that hold the bearing onto the lever broke off and I had similar symptoms. I only use OEM TO bearings now, regardless of the car/make. Never use the ones that comes with the kit anymore as it always seems to be an inferior product.

Sucks to have to drop the tranny again. Good luck!
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    It could be that the throw out bearing failed.

Did you use the one that came with the clutch kit? My first clutch replacement I just used the TO bearing that came with the kit and about a year later, one of the tabs that hold the bearing onto the lever broke off and I had similar symptoms. I only use OEM TO bearings now, regardless of the car/make. Never use the ones that comes with the kit anymore as it always seems to be an inferior product.

Sucks to have to drop the tranny again. Good luck!
    Yeah I used the one that came in the exedy clutch kit. Yeah looks like it’s going to have to all come back apart again. Oh what fun 🙄. I appreciate your help tho thank you. Btw where can I find an oem to bearing? Only place I know would be see if eBay has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdd1234 View Post
    Did a clutch kit on it sometime the first of the year. Got the exedy stock replacement. It was my first time replacing a clutch by myself. Drove fine for about a month or so then was making a left off my street and it all of a sudden was like it shifted to neutral and won’t go forward or reverse. Also the driver side cv axle won’t release off the transmission when I tried to remove it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I’ll post a video of what it is doing. https://share.icloud.com/photos/045C...lRvDC9-WHY5hyQ
    Just got it fixed and luckily did not have to pull the trans back out. The problem was the clip on the end of the axle came off and separated from the transaxle. Once I finally was able to pull the axle out n seen the clip wasn’t on it I pulled the clip out of the trans cleaned it n the axle up put the clip back on the axle greased it up slapped it all back together and she hits the streets once again. Sorry don’t remember your name but the only one to reply trying to help me. Thank you for your help. I appreciate u taking the time to try n help me.

Yeah I used the one that came in the exedy clutch kit. Yeah looks like it’s going to have to all come back apart again. Oh what fun ��. I appreciate your help tho thank you. Btw where can I find an oem to bearing? Only place I know would be see if eBay has it.
    Just got it fixed and luckily did not have to pull the trans back out. The problem was the clip on the end of the axle came off and separated from the transaxle. Once I finally was able to pull the axle out n seen the clip wasn’t on it I pulled the clip out of the trans cleaned it n the axle up put the clip back on the axle greased it up slapped it all back together and she hits the streets once again. Sorry don’t remember your name but the only one to reply trying to help me. Thank you for your help. I appreciate u taking the time to try n help me.
    Glad it was a simple fix. I hope you don't need it but for future reference, the Throw Out bearing is Honda P/N 22810-57A-006. It's roughly $40-50 at the stealership.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information