Close

Thread: Car overheating

Car overheating

It's an '04 si that sat for about 4 years. I've replaced little things along its long road to recovery including the IATC coolant hose so I drained the radiator and topped it back off with the front lifted, cap on loose, and heat turned on to burp the system and add more coolant. Here's where the problems start.

Heat isnt blowing hot air at all. Radiator fan isn't kicking on at all no matter how long it idles. Car is overheating and I cut it off when the temp starts going over 3/4 to the red. Is there something all 3 have in common or am I looking at chasing down 3 different issues?

Wow this place is dead. The car sat for several years and has a slew of issues but I fixed my problem.

I used a garden hose to flush the radiator, block, and heater core. Thermostat clearance wasn't to spec so replaced. Water pump didn't have a drip drip leak but was damp around the casing so replaced. Heater valve works but the air mix module is fried so I unhooked the cable in order to open it. Fresh coolant and burped for 45 minutes. Good to go

Thread Information