Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone know much about the Spoon Progressive springs?

I'm thinking of getting these for my car. I don't want to "slam" my car, but I would like a mild lowering, say maybe an inch...

Anyone used these on an Si? How big was the drop? I think one can use these with stock shocks, as the ride height isn't altered that greatly, but I just want to double check.

I was also wondering about these springs.
    Anyone have them on their EP?

ephatch member
    They are made to only work with stock shocks. I had a friend that had them on his Si 99-00 and he had them set up with Koni yellows and they blew the Koni's. he put them with his stock shocks and it actually rode better and they have yet to blow. From what i hear the Spoons for the EP are supposed to be about a 1.75" drop!!!!

i think they lower the type r 25mm. The type r is already 19mm lower than us, so if we were to use it it could lower us up to 44mm which is just about 1.75" like SilverEP said.

Ok, so lets get some things cleared up. Exactly what is the drop for the USDM Si? I've seen all sorts of numbers, 1", 1.5", 1.75". What's the real one? And is the drop the same for the front and the rear? I also heard that these springs are made to be used with stock shocks, and does not suggest a camber kit. Please somebody clear this up for me.

The exact drop, according to Spoon, is 25mm! ;)

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    camber req??
    better with stock shocks??

if this is correct...im in!

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    nut shit at 300 beans!!! they better use the stock shocks.
    Im a bit interested as well.
    so any more info?

Originally posted by Low Rider
    The exact drop, according to Spoon, is 25mm! ;)
    Can you tell me what that is in the standard inches? And are you sure that measurement is for the USDM Si, and not the foreign Type-R's?

its like .98 inches basically an inch... the places i've checked just say for the EP chassis so i figure it will work for all.

Anyone know how the spring rates compare against the Eibach ProKit which also has a 1" drop? Is the ride the same or are the spoons stiffer?

well... only one person I know run these springs.... I forgot who it was but it was another spoon enthusaist on the board in Canada... I juss ordered mine and are comming in two weeks time. Its supposed to work with two type of shocks...

STOCK & Spoon unadjustable dampers

Ride height is think supposed 1.75 and rides like stock but when you go in the corners, you can feel the difference. That is what my spoon dealer told me.

I am planning to work the springs with the spoon unadjustable dampers... but no word yet on those... so im hoping to get some good results using the stock dampers for atleast when they are availible to us... in the latest catalouge from Spoon, they do list the part... so its prolly in R&D rightnow still.

However, if they don't work well... imma throw up because I paid 330 out the door for these springs... but then again it is spoon?

Originally posted by potator
    Can you tell me what that is in the standard inches? And are you sure that measurement is for the USDM Si, and not the foreign Type-R's?
    it should be CTR number measurements... the parts that spoon are making are for the CTR not USDM si. The CTR is all R&D has to work with in Japan as for EP3 I belive... but regardless the chassis is the same so the part is compatable... but numberwise, 1.75 drop is what we are looking at I believe.

actually... SIRMAN... wern't u the one who had the Spoon Progessive springs?

You could always fit the Spoon coils with the HFP springs. I think that would be an excellent setup. ;) I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the Spoon dampers.

I think the Spoon will be similar to the Eibach Pro-Kits in both drop and performance. :D

A 1.75 drop for our Si's then? That sounds pretty good. And what's the fact that it is made to work fine with our stock shocks is also a very positivie aspect, BUT, are you sure this information is correct? And that you didn't misheard Spoon saying it will work fine with the stock CTR shocks? And what's this talk about not needing a camber kit? How's that work? the drop isn't below like 1.5 so I'm guessing it should need one...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information