Close

Looking for low 14's/ high 13's???

Hey everyone, I've been gone awhile, but I'm back, tax returns in hand.
    So I've got about 3 grand burning a hole in my pocket, and since there are no turbos out yet:'( .. I'm going to spray. I've got some places giving me quotes, but the whole plan is to go with a Direct Port 100 shot NX kit, a new fuel rail, new ignition, hondata flash, hondata gasket, and I've got some comptech springs that need to go on. I'm looking to be in the low, very low 14's or possibly high, very high, 13's with some work. Anyone think this is possible? I see some people are getting high 14's with HD/I/H/E mods done. I'm also thinking of picking up some drag radials to toss on my stock wheels.

But anyway, my dyno with only I/H was in the high 140's, can't remember exactly as I'm at work. I also have an exhaust now, so hopefully everything will work out.

-PR

I think with the mods your talking about plus the drag radials you shouldnt have any trouble hitting low 14s and maybe high 13s who knows. Good to see you back by the way! :D

ssvr6
    You can't spray and run the Hondata flash with nitrous. The increased timing will cause detonation.

Steve

You can't spray and run the Hondata flash with nitrous.
    Damn I wasnt aware of that. :(

I just got off the phone with Payn in Detroit, they said if I went with a MSD ignition that can be retarded, it is possible. Now you have me worried though, so I'll probably call Hondata now. I'll let you know what they say in a few minutes.

-PR

Originally posted by ssvr6
    You can't spray and run the Hondata flash with nitrous. The increased timing will cause detonation.

Steve
    supposedly you can, according to either hondata guy or someone else with hondata, but only a small amount...after that it's detonation time.

Anyway, to run 13's, get the K20A2, CAI, better tires, and Hondata flash and you can hit a 13.9 like this one guy did here in SA, Texas...he's actually from Austin, but came here to RCR

Alright.. just talked to Hondata, they said that at best it would be sketchy and I'd be better off waiting until they can map something for a K20 w/ n2o. They just need somebody with a Kseries and Nitrous.... I wish I lived in Cali. But everything else is a go. Now I gotta see what I can use 600 bucks for.. Hmn.... Head Work?:D

I'm actually not a big fan of the A2 swap. It's sweet, but I like my lower compression, especially if someone gets on the ball and figures out the K's problem with boost and gets a turbo on the market.
    -PR

ssvr6
    What Hondata needs is a switchable program so that you can your NA AND N2O power.

Steve

i say wait for the turbo.. i think spraying is gay. its so not constant. wut's the point of running a 13.9 at the track when ur normal ave car runs 15's unless u click that button. i dunno. i've never liked n2o

ephatch member
    put your 3k in a 6month CD or something. then by then the turbo should be out and do that. I'd say the A2 swap but you already said you're not crazy about that

i think spraying is gay. its so not constant.
    neither is fuel. you just have to refill both. i would wait for boost, but there's not even a release date. for all i know it could be 6 months. i don't want to wait until half the summer is over in order just to be decently fast. right now i'm getting spanked by stock mustang gt's. i can't have that this summer.

the best hope for boost is looking to be the AEM stand-alone fuel managment. i hear that the kseries ecu hates boost, and until someone can get that sorted, i'm not risking that shit with 4 grand worth of metal and 16 grand worth of car.

-pr

ssvr6
    Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    i say wait for the turbo.. i think spraying is gay. its so not constant. wut's the point of running a 13.9 at the track when ur normal ave car runs 15's unless u click that button. i dunno. i've never liked n2o
    I don't get it. His car is slow now, but it won't be if he slapped a turbo on. But if he uses N2O to get that speed, it doesn't count? It's not like if he had a turbo that it would be fast "on it's own" either. It still needs boost.

It's this kind of logic that kills me.

Steve

Originally posted by pocketrocket

neither is fuel. you just have to refill both. i would wait for boost, but there's not even a release date. for all i know it could be 6 months. i don't want to wait until half the summer is over in order just to be decently fast. right now i'm getting spanked by stock mustang gt's. i can't have that this summer.

the best hope for boost is looking to be the AEM stand-alone fuel managment. i hear that the kseries ecu hates boost, and until someone can get that sorted, i'm not risking that shit with 4 grand worth of metal and 16 grand worth of car.

-pr
    well.....you have a point. I plan on going k20a2 all motor unless a turbo kit (hks, greddy) put out some crazy reliable numbers, like 250-270.

Thread Information