Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: me = late

Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
    The type S has broken into the 13s with those mods....there is ABSOLUTELY no reason the si can't see mid to high 14s...unless you're running in phoenix ;)
    Last time i checked but ......ummm.... Didn't the Type-s have a Defferent motor...

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    HOLY SHIT BRO i didn't know!!!1!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!!11! THX INFO!!!

What I did say, was that the K20A2 Powered RSX type S with the modifications of motor mounts, a cold air intake, better tires, and a hondata flashed chip has gotten into the 13s. Still with me? Ok, so if the K20A3 powered civic Si shares pretty much the same block with some minor mods and transmission yet has the low end torque to score similar QM times(within .5-.7 is similar in my book)....then the K20A3 powered Si with the exact same mods as a 13.8 type S should not be too far off of a mid to high 14. Which is exactly what I said. Just put into terms so special people can understand too. [special ed] YAAAAY [/special ed]

Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
    HOLY SHIT BRO i didn't know!!!1!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!!11! THX INFO!!!

What I did say, was that the K20A2 Powered RSX type S with the modifications of motor mounts, a cold air intake, better tires, and a hondata flashed chip has gotten into the 13s. Still with me? Ok, so if the K20A3 powered civic Si shares pretty much the same block with some minor mods and transmission yet has the low end torque to score similar QM times(within .5-.7 is similar in my book)....then the K20A3 powered Si with the exact same mods as a 13.8 type S should not be too far off of a mid to high 14. Which is exactly what I said. Just put into terms so special people can understand too. [special ed] YAAAAY [/special ed]
    I think it would be very possible to hit a high 14 with that setup on ours. I've seen the RSX-S your talking about....the one in Austin?
    Anyway, there have been two people that have said they hit a 14.9 and 14.8 with a Si having better tires, i/h/e. At first I found this unbelievable...but after being at the track with my crappy stock tires, cheap intake, and header, I think it's possible.

so...take the si, put those mods plus the hondata, I think that a 14.6 wouldn't be hard to obtain (Edit: if you have the experience of course).

Now we can sit here and talk about it could, if you have this and that, but seriously....it depends on the drivers experience of the car, the track, and type of day. I couldn't drive this car for shit for a while...it just takes time to adjust to.

Anyway, I made this too long.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Now we can sit here and talk about it could, if you have this and that, but seriously....it depends on the drivers experience of the car, the track, and type of day. I couldn't drive this car for shit for a while...it just takes time to adjust to.
    Oh yea i totally agree with that. When it really boils down to getting a godly ET, its almost like hoping the planets line up. The track, your car, yourself, the weather....there's just too many goddamn factors. My friend was "off" (hehe) when he did a run in my friend's spec V this friday. If he had taken his eclipse I know I would have seen at least a 14.9 from it, but when he hopped behind the wheel of the spec and was pitted against a stock 03' silverado, not only did he humiliate him by hopping/spinning/rev limiter-ing first, but he lost to the silverado (i coulda sworn he was trying to make my friend look bad lol :) )!!!!! yay 16.5 :)

I hope to be the first to put to rest the NA's ability of consistant 14's. This will happen in the spring when I get to the track. I think it is entirely plausable, and if I don't I soon will. 14's are something I have been toying with and hope to prove to all that it is not a large feat. Now 13's will require some extra effort. A buddy of mine has layed out a section of unused road that he has been testing his old camaro on. I have been doing the same, but haven't had a chance since November. Honestly I believe anyone who is stock and just drag radials has a tough time of making it to 14s as some have claimed. jmo

inside the big machine chakra71's Avatar
    i ran into 3rdhatch (who doesn't seem to post here anymore) last weekend and he said that his best is currently a 14.88. far as i know his mods are CAI, header, exhaust, drag radials, and suspension. he said he pretty much stripped out the car for weight reduction to get it also.

SiCivic2k2
    I don't see why alot of you say that the EP isn't a 15 sec. car stock? I ran a 15.7 completely stock and a 15.6 with a custom cat-back and custom intake. The Hondata sounds good, especially with a raised rev limiter, but I just don't know if it's worth the $600 for just 1\10 of a second. Also, no one knows the long term effects on this either. If Honda thought our cars would handle a higher rev limiter why did they put it where they did? Just my .02

ephatch member
    I think the EP is totally a 15 second car. high 15's stock is totally possible/reasonable, it jus need to be driven a certain way. As far as hondadata, i think its too soon to tell its full potential. once some more members get more cracks at it at the track, i bet we'll see much improved times:)

Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
    I don't see why alot of you say that the EP isn't a 15 sec. car stock? I ran a 15.7 completely stock and a 15.6 with a custom cat-back and custom intake. The Hondata sounds good, especially with a raised rev limiter, but I just don't know if it's worth the $600 for just 1\10 of a second. Also, no one knows the long term effects on this either. If Honda thought our cars would handle a higher rev limiter why did they put it where they did? Just my .02
    I thought it was a 15.5 you ran stock?

SiCivic2k2
    I wish :D I'm sure it's possible now though. I just havn't been to the track in a while.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information