Close

Auto down AND up power windows?

Don't know if this will get many looks here but I will post anyway. As is always nowadays, our power windows have an "AUTO" down feature. I am curious about the possiblity of making our windows auto down AND up, like the power windows on the newer VW GTIs for example. Any body ever think of this and is it reasonably achievable?

thanks fellas

http://www.autoloc.com/

They offer a bunch of cool car gadgets and accessories, I think they have something similar to what your looking for.

I know the RSX has windows with the auto-up feature. Is it a function of the switch? or something with the ECU? if it's the switch, I bet you could just replace it with one from the RSX.

It would be nice if you could do that with the passenger side too. Let us know what you end up doing.

thanks for the Autoloc site, I e-mailed those guys with my idea and I'll let you know what they came up with. And as for the RSX idea, that is a good one too that I will look into. Thanks

Netguru
    Yeah I was thinking about doing this also, I was also wondering about the RSX switch, and if it was just switchable or not....

the latest

well it would appear that this is far from a simple mod. According to Acura techs, it is not just the switch that may be needed to swap out, it is also the motor for the window. As it turns out there is some sort of pressure sensitivity that is needed to tell the window that it is up after an auto up function. This is located in the motor assembly itself, not the switch. Still waiting on a response from the Autoloc guys though. We'll see.

Thanks for the info, keep us posted as to what else you find. To bad we can't just do a switch.

ephatch member
    DEI has a module for one touch windows... Im gonna install one maybe tomorrow. It will solve your problem. They also have one for the sunroof, but I believe it will still stop at 3/4's of the way

about DEI, is there anywhere on the web where we might find some information about what you are talking about? And let us know how it works if you do install it.

ephatch member
    http://www.directed.com/security/acc...ess.asp#window

that is the module I was going to install. I installed my alarm, but my buddy forgot the window module in his freinds car. Looks like I will get it in this up coming weekend then

Netguru
    Is the part that we need this? It is number 2/6.....this diagram is from a RSX.....

Thread Information