Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice car

ephatch member
    thanks again fellas....

ERA 5: I have neuspeed race springs ;)

jr: yeah, i sold my stock rims, so the the C's went back on...i might just leave them on for good...

Nice one man, Silver on silver is pretty sexy. I like the amber side markers (have a set myself), not too sure that I would have painted my other markers silver though, but all around a nice ride. Keep it up!

Talking

nice drop and rims
    *thumbs up*

It looks lower than the first pics you posted...is it just me? Also, what size tires...215/40? What's the offset and wheel width? Thanks!
    Last edited by CleanBlackSi02; 02-04-2003 at 01:29 AM.

napapacoda
    how did you paint your side markers? Is it total silver or a light shade so the bulbs are still able to show up when on? Other than that, sweet ride, I like it all besides the mudguards.

ephatch member
    the lenses on the bumper lights are painted completely silver...the bulbs are taken out...I experimented with duplicolor SSM and i put 3 coates of clear pearl over them....in person, they look very close to the real SSM color..

(okay the secret is out)
    CleanblackSi02, yes the car is lower. my Neuspeed springs are cut....I cut 2 dead coils (the ones that are completely compressed when the car is down) in front and one dead coil in back...The car went down another finger...The ride did not change one bit, since the dead coils have nothing to do with the rates of the springs. There are no noises or problems...I've been driving it for at least a month and half like this and its fine... the wheels are 17x7.5 and the tires are 205/40, the tires are on the skinny side but they are almost worn out, i'm going to replace them with 215/40 very soon.

*i know some of you guys will trip out that i cut the springs....but i've cut dead coils before on other cars and its fine, as long as you dont cut too much...I know cutting springs is not very good, but if its done the correct way, it will work okay. When i did this, it way basically a little experiment with the Si becuase i was about to get a set of GC's with custom rates, so I went ahead and messed with cutting the neuspeeds...but after doing it, i actually like the results, so i'm most likely keeping the cut springs on..In my experience in the past, cutting STOCK springs is a NO NO, but cutting a decent set of stiffer sport springs with enough dead coils is fine..:D
    Last edited by TightEP3; 02-05-2003 at 11:17 AM.

ephatch member
    wow, so you're probably looking at what a 2.75 inch drop then? in either case it looks good. If you dont have any problems in the future i may have to consider doing that. the drop is nice looking:)

ephatch member
    Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    wow, so you're probably looking at what a 2.75 inch drop then? in either case it looks good. If you dont have any problems in the future i may have to consider doing that. the drop is nice looking:)
    yeah, i'm pretty happy with the results.....i really liked how the neuspeeds rode but i just wanted the little extra bit of drop...as you can see, it looks alot better than before..another member who recently saw my car in person is also comtemplating on doing it..hehehe

Thumbs up

Nice ride, I like the wheels and the drop. One of the nicest Eps on here!

ephatch member
    hey tight, one more thing. do you have any problems scraping? or is the ride bouncy or anything? thanks

ephatch member
    Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    hey tight, one more thing. do you have any problems scraping? or is the ride bouncy or anything? thanks
    my car does not scrape that much, only on really big bumps....as for it being bouncy....? not really..the only thing is that on really big bumps it sometimes bottoms out on the bumpstops in front...hope that helps..
    Last edited by TightEP3; 02-04-2003 at 12:42 PM.

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    when i saw your car i knew that it was lower than before. looks real good w/ those rims. i was thinking about cutting my neuspeed race springs also but i was worried about the ride. since you say that its still the same then i might just cut mine too.

Nice ride.

ephatch member
    2fast: thanks.....yeah, cutting them will be decent...

* but remember, if any of u guys are setting up the car for handling, then go with a set of GC's with custom rates or full threaded coilovers...the cut neuspeeds will be fine with street driving and them some spirited driving....I think koni inserts will work good with them too but if u want REAL handling, then look somewhere else..=)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information