Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canuck

Just installed Honda Fogs, damn nice kit.....

I just installed the Honda fogs on my ep, this is a really nice kit, it really finishes off the front end, and the lights are very bright. It makes the front end look much cleaner IMO. Plus it adds a new lighted switch in the dash area which is always better than the plugs they stick in there. I've got a full set of instructions if anyone is interested in them. Install isn't very hard, I took my time. Trickiest part is cutting the stock bumper to fit the fixtures. My dremmel tool with one of those side cutter bits made quick work of that though, zipped through like nothing.

Lights

You referring to the lights that fit right in that normally come stock? or is this something different?

Canuck
    this is the optional Honda equipment fog lights, they fit in the front bumper (once you cut the appropriate holes) same thing the dealer does if you order fog lights on your EP. I just bought the kit from the parts counter at my Honda dealer and installed them myself. hope this answers your question.

pics? how much did it cost?

Canuck
    I got the fogs for $388 plus taxes at my Honda dealer, list price is $498. I installed them myself which saved me a few bucks, probably 1/2 the cost .

Glix
    Dude, you should never buy anything from the dealer.

Go here instead

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

Canuck
    Glix, thanks for the info, I will check that out. The US dollar usually catches up to us for cross border purchases but might still be some savings. My parts guy has been givnig me some decent discount on Honda's list prices lately. He saved me $75 on the shop manual alone based on what Honda asks for it.

I can take some pics tomorrow during the daytime if anyone is interested.

I would like to see some pics:)

How long was the total install?

Which factory plug did you replace with the footlight switch?

Canuck
    surprise, my car is in winter storage so I took my time over two day period after work. I spent 2 hours the first night and 2 hours the second night, so about 4 hours total, I really went slow as there wasn't any urgency.

The foglight switch goes beside the cruise control switch , replaces the plug that sits there. Its a fully lighted switch so it lights up in the stock amber/red colour all the time at night time even when the fogs are not in use. There is a little green light within the switch when the fogs are activated very similar to the cruise control switch.

Netguru
    Pics are always welcome....

Canuck
    Here is a link to two foglight pics on my silver ep, pics aren't that great, but give you the general idea. enjoy. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to post pics on this site.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3318c1605f2

Joey
    :)

Looking good:)

(must get an extra $275 so I can purchase my own set)
    Last edited by Surprise; 02-09-2003 at 12:34 PM.

after cutting the holes, wut method do you use to keep them there?

Canuck
    after you cut out the plastic section of the front grille/bumper as per the instructions, they give you two metal support brackets (one for each side), plus a bracket for the back of the light fixtures. Together they provide a pretty stable support for the fixture, the lights don't move once installed. They give you a goofy template for cutting the holes, there is some room for error if you cut the holes incorrectly, so it is pretty safe, if you take your time it works out fine. The side cutter bit I got on my dremmel tool cut through the bumper like nothing. They stipulate to use a utility knife but that would be much tougher to cut.

thnx for ur install :) i might look into it.. alot of FOg in san diego, due to the beach and its dang near impossible to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information