Close

optimistic ep review

After reading this, I now feel better remembering the reasons why I bought this car. So many good traits that seem to get overlooked everyday.

This is also good for potential buyers of the ep who frequent here. Gives a really good idea of what the new si is all about.

2002 civic si review

we have electronic brake distribution???

I think this is the best commentary I

Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
    we have electronic brake distribution???
    Yep its listed in the specs,not that I know alot about it LOL

http://www.hondacars.com/models/spec...lName=Civic+Si

gpt
    What is EBD?

EBD=electronic brake distrobution

"The new EBD system we are introducing today adds a new control logic to the existing ABS system, electronically controlling front/rear brake pressure distribution according to front/rear weight distribution. This system improves braking stability and performance, particularly under heavy load. It is particularly effective in recreational vehicles, minivans and other vehicles showing large front/rear weight distribution changes depending on load.

For optimum brake performance, brake pressure distribution between front and rear wheels should take into consideration both load condition and weight transfer under braking.

In the past, variable brake pressure distribution systems relied on suspension movement to control brake pressure distribution. However these mechanical systems were quite complex. Brake pressure distribution in passenger cars was thus controlled by a proportioning valve that maintained a fixed front/rear brake pressure distribution under all circumstances.

The system uses the difference in front/rear wheel rotational speed to calculate the maximum brake amount that the rear wheels can safely bear. EBD then acts upon the ABS actuator to automatically adjust brake pressure to fully utilize the increased rear brake limit when heavily loaded. "

From

http://world.honda.com

gpt
    Thanks for the answer. I like the following quote:

It is particularly effective in recreational vehicles, minivans and other vehicles showing large front/rear weight distribution changes depending on load.

It made me laugh!:D

Canuck
    while at my doctors office the other day I read the Road and Track comparison of the Civic Si vs. Focus SVT vs. Tiburon vs. Nissan Spec V. I can't remember if the VW Golf was part of that or not. Well short story is that the Civic was rated in 2nd behind the Focus, they had lots of good things to say about the Civic. It even posted acceleration times ahead or comparable to the others, and did quite well in the performance department. It was a very positive review I thought. This was an old magazine, cant remember the month, but I was pretty surprised considering all of the bashing it took from other sources.

Thread Information