Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry What kind of gas mileage are you all getting? I'm only getting 20!

Where the fuck is that claimed 26 in city at. I thought this was supposed to be fuel effiecient! Shit, if I'm getting this shitty of gas mileage, then I'll take some more hp while I at it to compensate.

Here's how I get my gas mileage. I go to the gas station. Reset my trip meter. Fill up the tank with gas. Drive for a while till I have about 1/4 tank left. Go to the gas station, and take note of the trip meter mileage (182.2 mile on my meter). I fill the tank up and take note of how much fuel was needed to put back in the tank to fill it up. It took 9.1 gallons. Divide that and you get 20.2 miles per gallon! What the hell! I only have 440 miles on it. I haven't even been getting on it! What the hell!?

efcee

bogus

do you drive fast?
    that may use up more gas if you have a heavy foot it always seems like that for me even though i dont got a hatch but in my car whenever im driving all fast or takingo off fast it seems like my gas dissapears faster than ever

i've been getting 26 to 28 miles per gallon and that's with my somewhat heavy foot at times and air conditioning. i don't know what to say. stay of the rev limiter! that's bad.

seriously, i think i have gotten those numbers recently because i have been shifting at 4 mostly and not speeding (90mph) as much.

Re: bogus

Originally posted by efcee
    do you drive fast?
    that may use up more gas if you have a heavy foot it always seems like that for me even though i dont got a hatch but in my car whenever im driving all fast or takingo off fast it seems like my gas dissapears faster than ever
    like I said, I really haven't been getting on it. yesterday I went 100. Only because I was in a hurry. That's it. Two times now, I've got the same gas mileage

corbinh
    I think as you get a little more mileage on your car the mpg will increase...mine has about 700 miles on it now and its not using as much gas as it did the first couple of tanks...I got similar mileage on my first couple of tanks..less than 200 per tank but on this tank ive got a little over 200 with about 1/4 tank left.

Originally posted by corbinh
    I think as you get a little more mileage on your car the mpg will increase...mine has about 700 miles on it now and its not using as much gas as it did the first couple of tanks...I got similar mileage on my first couple of tanks..less than 200 per tank but on this tank ive got a little over 200 with about 1/4 tank left.
    yeah, I guess that could be it....

Still Around...
    440 miles? I waited until I had 2k on mine to even start measuring, because most cars don't get good mileage with them being new and with break-in oil in. I would wait and break it in all nice before you do anything drastic.

My mileage sucks, but I expected this when I got the car. In Canada, they charge you a gas guzzler tax when buying the car (hence not the best on mileage).

punkdork
    You're in Texas too. That heat will mess up your mileage some as it zaps your power and therefor you drive harder to reach the same speeds. I tend to get 24 myself with a lead foot. I've got about 3k on the car and run only premium (92) from only Chevron, Shell or Texaco.

4u2nv
    i get a little over 32mpg. i know everyone says thats more then the sticker, but i drive 63 mph on the way to and from work with the cruise on. your milage will get better once you have more miles on

OG EP3'r
    i was getting 16 here in 112 degree heat.And that was using 87 octane too.Believe it or not,i changed oil,and started using 91(i wish honda woulda told us to use this from the start) ans im getting 26+ now.

Originally posted by DynaSpeed
    440 miles? I waited until I had 2k on mine to even start measuring, because most cars don't get good mileage with them being new and with break-in oil in. I would wait and break it in all nice before you do anything drastic.
    I guess maybe your right. I'll just wait till after my first oil change to even start worrying about it

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Az02Si
    i was getting 16 here in 112 degree heat.And that was using 87 octane too.
    Wow, 112 degrees...I don't know how you guys deal with that stuff

punkdork
    Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Wow, 112 degrees...I don't know how you guys deal with that stuff
    GOD BLESS SEATTLE... where temps in the 90s are a record breaking heatwave.

OG EP3'r
    Yea its just great when its 110+ in june...At least we dont have the humidity that you east coast/midwest guys have to deal with ;) Ill take 116 with 15% humidity ANYDAY over 95/95.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information