Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question racing harnesses

anyone put harnesses in their car? the hole in the back of the seat is so small i don';t thinkit would work well with the two belts overapping in the seat. The rsx seats have the perfect size hole:( i like our seats alot and i don't wanna replace them for racing seats, but i do want harnesses

Re: racing harnesses

Originally posted by 4g63dsm
    anyone put harnesses in their car? the hole in the back of the seat is so small i don';t thinkit would work well with the two belts overapping in the seat. The rsx seats have the perfect size hole:( i like our seats alot and i don't wanna replace them for racing seats, but i do want harnesses
    Ive got one for sale, if anyone is intersted, and it will fit your stock seats. here the pic.

I dont have on of the back , but if you goto sparco's website, its the 3 pt. Double Buckle. Has a buckle @ the "y" and give quick release.

ssvr6
    The hole in our seat isn't the same...

Also, it's not really that safe to run a harness without it being mounted to a roll cage/bar. It could cause more harm than good.

Steve

Originally posted by ssvr6
    The hole in our seat isn't the same...

Also, it's not really that safe to run a harness without it being mounted to a roll cage/bar. It could cause more harm than good.

Steve
    I know, what im saying is there is a buckle thats behind my seat, it could sit in the cavity, thus making the harness work. Ill take a pic tommarow for ya.

Jared

ssvr6
    I see what you're saying, but I still think that they're not safe. Their angle in terms where they have to be hooked up to when or if an accident occurs needs to be within a certain range. By installing these in "stock" locations (like the rear clips and stock bolts) you're taking a chance of injuring yourself for the sake of looking cool.

It's like having a full roll cage in a street driven car. You get in an accident and your melon will get the shit beat out of it on that thing.

JMO.

Steve

Originally posted by ssvr6
    I see what you're saying, but I still think that they're not safe. Their angle in terms where they have to be hooked up to when or if an accident occurs needs to be within a certain range. By installing these in "stock" locations (like the rear clips and stock bolts) you're taking a chance of injuring yourself for the sake of looking cool.

It's like having a full roll cage in a street driven car. You get in an accident and your melon will get the shit beat out of it on that thing.

JMO.

Steve
    agreed, mine has been used for just auto x, hinse why im selling it.

ssvr6
    Oh, I see.

:)

Steve

how much? 2 sets?

Originally posted by TrippZ
    how much? 2 sets?
    One set, 75 bucks. Its been used once .

Racing harness' aren't inherently dangerous in a street car, but the problem comes when you try and mount the rear bolts to the floor.. due to the geometry of the belts, it would compress your spine when enough force is applied. If you fabbed a bar to go across from the upper rear seat belt mounting points, (imho) it'd be safe. Or even just mounted a 3 point to one of those same points.

But to each his own.
    -PR

hmmm how do you mount it? and how much is a new set?

Originally posted by TrippZ
    hmmm how do you mount it? and how much is a new set?
    behind my rear seat, there is an open bolt hole. Fit perfectly behind the seats.

New was 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information